President - Wayne County (NC) Chamber of Commerce
The Wayne County Chamber of Commerce is a membership organization and is located in Goldsboro, NC approximately 50 miles east of Raleigh, NC and the home of Seymour Johnson Air Force Base.
The President of the Wayne County Chamber of Commerce is responsible for the effective operation of the organization; for the direction of operations and activities of the organization as a whole; and for advising and making recommendations to the Officers and Board of Directors with respect to these activities and policies. Also, serves as Executive Director of the Wayne Charitable Partnership, managing the financial concerns of the affiliate programs and the needs of the lease building.
Within the limits of the Bylaws and policies established or authorized by the Board of Directors, he/she is responsible for, and has commensurate authority to accomplish, the duties set forth below.
- Is responsible for the Implementation of the current 5 year strategic plan.
- Is responsible for developing and implementing programs to increase and retain members.
- Is responsible for formulating and recommending policies and programs, including financial and budgeting programs, for approval of the Board of Directors through development of an annual program of work and budget.
- Sees that the Board of Directors, Executive Committee and key committee members are kept fully informed on the conditions and operations of the Chamber.
- Is primarily responsible for monitoring government relations affairs; informing Chamber members as to implications of and recommended responses to government affairs activities. Maintains effective relations with government officials and other organizations, public and private.
- In concert with the Chair of the Board, serves as spokesman for the Chamber.
- Sees to the development of specific policies, procedures and programs to implement the general policies and activities authorized by the Board of Directors.
- Sees that sound plans of organization are maintained for the office and oversees the direction and coordination of all approved programs, projects and major activities of the staff.
- Is responsible for hiring of personnel, maintenance of salary administration procedures, and has ultimate responsibility and authority with respect to promotions and terminations.
- Sees to the development and maintenance of standards of performance with respect to all programs and services of the Chamber.
- Provides the necessary staff liaison to committees.
- Authorizes and executes such contracts and commitments as may be authorized by the Board of Directors or established policies.
- Executes such other general responsibilities as my be delegated by the Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate must have a proven track record of success. At least 5 years in a leadership position in a comparably sized Chamber of Commerce or related significant business association. Experience as a # 2 or other senior level executive at a larger like enterprise as noted above. Significant board interaction and experience leading large numbers of volunteers is strongly desired. Applicants should possess exceptional leadership/communication skills. Experience with military bases is preferred.
A Bachlor's degree is required in Business, Law, Public Administration, Marketing or a related field. An advanced degree is preferred.
Resumes should be emailed to the Chair, John Richards at firstname.lastname@example.org and should include your current salary and provide a list of references and how we might contact them. Deadline for applications is July 1, 2012. For questions, please visit waynecountychamber.com.