The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is dedicated to addressing America's energy challenges through aggressive yet practical means. Specifically, we are fighting for:
- Substantial public and private investment in a broad array of clean energy technologies and alternative energies: Innovative financing and regulatory certainty are needed to bring emissions-free projects online. For example, a significant expansion of emissions-free nuclear energy is essential. We have been a proactive leader in this arena for years.
- Major private sector and government initiatives to further improve energy efficiency: Energy efficiency is the cheapest and most immediately accessible "alternative energy."
- A rational "all of the above" energy policy: We must ensure that Americans have adequate supplies of affordable, domestically-produced fuel and power—even as we work to bring renewable energies on line and develop technologies that allow the clean use of traditional energy resources.
Without access to affordable and reliable supplies of energy in the United States, U.S. businesses are forced to move elsewhere, taking U.S. jobs and support for the economy with them and impacting our global competitiveness. The U.S. Chamber will continue to fight for a more secure energy future for our nation.
- "Clean Energy Technology: Investing in a Competitive Future"
- Project No Project. Progress Denied: A Study on the Potential Economic Impact of Permitting Challenges Facing Proposed Energy Projects
- EPAct05 — Enactment +3 - An Assessment of Selected Technology and Efficiency Directives of