Release Date: Mar 19, 2013Contact: 888-249-NEWS
U.S. Chamber Awards 11 Local Chambers with Accreditation
WASHINGTON, D.C.—At its board meeting held today, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce awarded 11 local chambers of commerce with Accreditation for their sound policies, effective organizational procedures, and positive impact on their communities.
“Accreditation validates a chamber as having programs that benefit their local economy and positively influence their community,” said Raymond P. Towle, IOM, CAE, executive director of Political Affairs and Federation Relations. “We applaud these organizations for advancing the principles of free enterprise.”
The only program of its kind in the country, U.S. Chamber Accreditation recognizes excellence in chamber planning and performance. To achieve Accreditation, a chamber must demonstrate quality programs, clear organizational procedures, and effective communications by meeting minimum standards in its operations and programs, including areas of governance, government affairs, and technology. This extensive self-review can take six to nine months to complete.
Local and regional chambers are rated Accredited or Accredited with 3 Stars, 4 Stars, or 5 Stars. The final determination is made by the Accrediting board, a committee of U.S. Chamber board members and chamber CEOs from across the country.
The following chambers of commerce received Accreditation today:
RECOMMENDED FOR ACCREDITATION
• Catoosa County Chamber of Commerce, Ringgold, GA
RECOMMENDED FOR 3-STAR ACCREDITATION
• Albany Area Chamber of Commerce, Albany, GA
• Greater Delray Beach Chamber of Commerce, Delray Beach , FL
RECOMMENDED FOR 4-STAR ACCREDITATION
• Columbus Area Chamber of Commerce, Columbus, NE
• Grapevine Chamber of Commerce , Grapevine, TX
• Indio Chamber of Commerce, Indio, CA
• Jefferson Chamber of Commerce , Metairie, LA
• Sauk Valley Area Chamber of Commerce, Sterling, IL
RECOMMENDED FOR 5-STAR ACCREDITATION
• Greater Columbus Georgia Chamber of Commerce, Columbus, GA
• Newnan-Coweta Chamber of Commerce, Newnan, GA
• St. Cloud Area Chamber of Commerce, St. Cloud, MN
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business federation representing the interests of more than 3 million businesses of all sizes, sectors, and regions, as well as state and local chambers and industry associations.