The State of American Business 2022: Highlights
On Demand Video
“Businesses are not simply competing to win today, but to build a better tomorrow—to propel our country and the world toward a brighter future of growth, solutions, and opportunity we know lies ahead.”
The State of American Business 2022: The Competition for Global Leadership
The State of American Business 2022: Competition for the Marketplace
Pushing Back Against FTC Overreach
The Federal Trade Commission is seeking, through legislation, authority it is not supposed to have.
The State of American Business 2022: The Competition for Talent
The State of American Business 2022: The Competition for Ideas
Reps. Nancy Mace and Mikie Sherrill discuss possible policy solutions to the childcare crisis which is forcing too many American families to choose between working and providing childcare themselves.
What We Stand For
- Let's Rebuild AmericaInfrastructure is not a partisan issue – it’s an American priority. Investing in America’s infrastructure is critical to our economic recovery, prosperity and quality of life.
- America Works InitiativeWe are calling on elected officials and the federal and state level to take immediate action to help address this national economic crisis.
- Immigration ReformIt is long past time for Congress to act on the important task of fixing our broken immigration system.
- Antitrust LawsCritically important but commonly misunderstood, antitrust laws are meant to promote competition and protect consumers. Here’s everything you need to know.
We Work for You
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization. Our members range from the small businesses and chambers of commerce across the country that support their communities, to the leading industry associations and global corporations that innovate and solve for the world’s challenges, to the emerging and fast-growing industries that are shaping the future. For all of the businesses we represent, the Chamber is an advocate, partner, and network, helping them improve society and people’s lives.
Join the largest community of business leaders in the world. Together, we'll work for government policies that help you run and grow your business, eliminate bureaucratic barriers, and strengthen America’s economy. You'll also gain access to the latest intelligence on issues that are shaping the nation, premier events for entrepreneurs, and webinars, guides, and other resources to help you grow your business.
- State of American Business 2022: The Competition SeriesCompetition builds our country, makes it exceptional, and moves us forward. In the weeks following State of American Business 2022, we’ll continue the conversation through The Competition Series. Join business leaders, lawmakers, and policy experts as we dive deeper into four key areas each week.
- Virtual InSTEP Discussion: Admiral James StavridisThis event will feature a conversation with Admiral James Stavridis USN (Ret), who will share his thoughts about geopolitical hot spots in 2022. A four-star naval officer, Admiral Stavridis has held several high-profile roles during his 37-year military career including leading the NATO Alliance in global operations as Supreme Allied Commander.
- EnergyInnovates: Grid ResilienceThis virtual forum will highlight the people, companies, and technologies that will support the modernization of the electricity grid while hardening the grid from emerging threats, both natural and manmade, and enhancing the high levels of reliability taken for granted today.
- TechnologyInformation and news for businesses about the latest advances in technology.
- WorkforceInformation on how businesses can adapt their workforce development and management strategies to deal with the changing labor market.
- Supply ChainInformation and news about the latest developments in the global supply chain.
- Feb 16, 2021U.S. Chamber Applauds Reintroduction of the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act “The Chamber welcomes the reintroduction of the Pregnant Workers Fairness Act, which provides needed clarity in the law and helps keep valued employees in the workplace. The strong bipartisan vote in the last Congress indicates the broad appeal of the PWFA. We are pleased to endorse this bill again and look forward to helping it get enacted.”
- Feb 16, 2021U.S. Chamber Statement on the Passing on Marriott CEO Arne Sorenson "We were deeply saddened to hear about the loss of Arne Sorenson. During his time as Chief Executive, Arne and U.S. Chamber CEO Tom Donohue enjoyed a strong working partnership and close friendship. Sorenson was a fearless leader who oversaw considerable hospitality industry successes during his tenure as President and CEO. Our thoughts and sympathies are with Arne's wife Ruth, the Sorenson family, and the entire Marriott team during this difficult time."
- Feb 15, 2021U.S. Chamber Applauds Appointment of Okonjo-Iweala to Head WTO WASHINGTON D.C. - The U.S. Chamber of Commerce welcomed today’s announcement that Dr. Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala will become the seventh Director-General of the World Trade Organization (WTO) and the first woman in the role since the organization’s creation in 1995.
- Feb 15, 2021U.S. Chamber, Other International Business Organizations Criticize EU Export Authorization Requirements for COVID-19 Vaccines The U.S. Chamber joined several counterpart associations from many of the European Union's largest trading partners to underline our shared concerns about the EU's new export authorization requirements for COVID-19 vaccines and related inputs.
- Feb 12, 2021Cloud-Based Tech Tools from AWS Accelerate COVID-19 Progress AWS is helping clients leverage the cloud to power telework and distance learning, and accelerate medical research.
- Feb 11, 2021U.S. Chamber Launches Vaccine Resource Center Connecting Businesses to Available Guidance and Resources New platform organizes top guidance from government, non-profit and private sector sources
- Feb 10, 2021The Business Community Needs Regulatory Certainty Now More Than Ever The new administration is rolling back a policy of fairness and transparency.
- Feb 10, 2021House Ways & Means Releases UI Proposal President Biden’s $1.9 trillion American Rescue Plan has entered into the markup phase of the legislation process. This week, House committees will debate and make edits to their respective proposals of the package. The House Ways and Means proposal accounts for half of the total price tag and addresses unemployment insurance extensions.
- Feb 09, 2021An Enduring Mission and a Vision for the Future Suzanne Clark will become the next chief executive officer of U.S. Chamber of Commerce, effective March 11, 2021.
- Feb 09, 2021U.S. Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors’ Executive Committee Appoints Suzanne Clark Next CEO Seasoned industry leader and business owner to succeed Donohue effective March 11