The State of American Business 2023
In this year’s State of American Business keynote address, U.S. Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Suzanne P. Clark called for a commitment to an “Agenda for American Strength” that affirms America’s position as a global power for good and unleashes the problem-solving power of business to address society’s greatest challenges.
Calling on the New Congress
Calling on Congress: Fix America’s Broken Immigration System
Our elected representatives in D.C. simply cannot let another Congress go by without addressing our nation’s broken immigration system and securing our southern border.
By Jon Baselice
Spotlight On: Small Business
Growing Our Economy Via Trade
Moving Toward a More Prosperous U.S.-Japan Relationship
Japanese Prime Minister Fumio Kishida’s upcoming visit to Washington offers the U.S. and Japan the opportunity to tighten economic alliances and assume a more proactive role in the Indo-Pacific and around the world.
By Charles Freeman
Chamber OnDemand Highlights: Moving Businesses Forward
Deep Dives on Workforce Data
- Americans Deserve a Transparent and Accountable FTCThe Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) recent actions are alarming and pose a serious threat to our economy.
- America Works InitiativeWe are calling on elected officials and the federal and state level to take immediate action to help address this national economic crisis.
- Equality of Opportunity InitiativeThe EOI agenda advances real solutions through private sector initiatives, and policy advocacy at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Antitrust Laws: Promoting Competition and Free MarketsCritically important but commonly misunderstood, antitrust laws are meant to promote competition and protect consumers. Here’s everything you need to know.
We Work for You
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization. Our members range from the small businesses and chambers of commerce across the country that support their communities, to the leading industry associations and global corporations that innovate and solve for the world’s challenges, to the emerging and fast-growing industries that are shaping the future. For all of the businesses we represent, the Chamber is an advocate, partner, and network, helping them improve society and people’s lives.
Join the largest community of business leaders in the world. Together, we'll work for government policies that help you run and grow your business, eliminate bureaucratic barriers, and strengthen America’s economy. You'll also gain access to the latest intelligence on issues that are shaping the nation, premier events for entrepreneurs, and webinars, guides, and other resources to help you grow your business.
- WorkforcePath Forward: Working Through Remote Work Part 2Wednesday, February 0802:00 PM EST - 03:00 PM EST
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion13th Annual International Women’s Day ForumMonday, March 06 - Tuesday, March 0708:00 AM EST - 06:00 PM EST
- InternationalAACCLA's Outlook on the Americas ConferenceTuesday, March 07 - Wednesday, March 0812:00 AM EST - 12:00 AM EST
- TechnologyInformation and news for businesses about the latest advances in technology.
- WorkforceInformation on how businesses can adapt their workforce development and management strategies to deal with the changing labor market.
- Supply ChainInformation and news about the latest developments in the global supply chain.
Americans deserve an FCC that will ensure that consumers and the economy benefit from cutting-edge communication tools necessary for their success. The Chamber believes that the FCC and the public interest would be better served by a different nominee.
As we kick off 2023, here’s a look at what the G20 is, why it’s important, who is hosting, and what role the private sector plays.
Marty Durbin, Senior Vice President of Policy at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, issued the following statement today regarding EPA’s final Waters of the United States (WOTUS) rule.
This initiative will be a groundbreaking effort to expand affordable, inclusive digital access and connectivity to the African continent.
Veterans and military spouses make up a highly educated and diverse talent pool. Explore the data behind how hiring them can help fill the country's millions of open jobs, and the benefits this community can bring to businesses.
Women Taking the Lead highlights female leaders in the business community. In December, we highlight the importance of women in business and trade in a conversation with Penny Naas, President for International Public Affairs and Sustainability for UPS.
Communities across the country depend on Congress taking action to cut red tape and ease delays. For 2023, we are calling on Congress to enact a bipartisan permitting modernization bill and will work with any member of Congress who will help accomplish this goal.
U.S. and European industry stress the need for coordinated, consistent, technical standards-based policy and regulation at the U.S.-EU Cyber Dialogue.