Small Business Index
The quarterly MetLife and U.S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business Index found that concern for inflation among small business owners has reached a new high. The vast majority (90%) of small businesses say they are concerned about the impact of inflation on their business.
Celebrating Small Business: The Dream Big Awards
Start. Run. Grow. Week - October 18, 2022
The Dream Big Award winners will be announced at the CO— Start. Run. Grow. Week, a celebration of the challenges and achievements of small business owners across the country. We’ll connect you with your peers to share real-world strategies on some of the most complex issues facing small businesses. Additionally, we will bring in subject-area experts who will help you gain fresh insights on the ever-shifting economy, and share ideas about leadership, management, and resilience as a small business owner.
OnDemand Highlights: Global Aerospace Summit
The American Data Privacy and Protection Act needs to provide certainty to businesses and consumers, not a confusing new patchwork.
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce measures our success by what we deliver for you—our members. We believe in the power of the American business community to improve lives, solve problems, and strengthen society—and for 110 years, we have helped you do it.
How Inflation Is Impacting Businesses
U.S. and Mexican Business Leaders’ Input on the Upcoming U.S.-Mexico High-Level Economic Dialogue
The business community on both sides of the border supports the U.S.-Mexico High-Level Economic Dialogue (HLED) to ensure the most competitive North America possible.
By Guillermo Vogel
Indo-Pacific Economic Flourishing? Making a Success of IPEF
By John G. Murphy
Why the U.S.-Chile Tax Treaty Should be Ratified Immediately
By John G. Murphy
- Security and Resilience
Public-Private Collaboration on Display at Israel Cyber Week
By Christophe Blassiau
Deep Dives on Workforce Data
- Americans Deserve a Transparent and Accountable FTCThe Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) recent actions are alarming and pose a serious threat to our economy.
- America Works InitiativeWe are calling on elected officials and the federal and state level to take immediate action to help address this national economic crisis.
- Equality of Opportunity InitiativeThe EOI agenda advances real solutions through private sector initiatives, and policy advocacy at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Antitrust Laws: Promoting Competition and Free MarketsCritically important but commonly misunderstood, antitrust laws are meant to promote competition and protect consumers. Here’s everything you need to know.
We Work for You
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization. Our members range from the small businesses and chambers of commerce across the country that support their communities, to the leading industry associations and global corporations that innovate and solve for the world’s challenges, to the emerging and fast-growing industries that are shaping the future. For all of the businesses we represent, the Chamber is an advocate, partner, and network, helping them improve society and people’s lives.
Join the largest community of business leaders in the world. Together, we'll work for government policies that help you run and grow your business, eliminate bureaucratic barriers, and strengthen America’s economy. You'll also gain access to the latest intelligence on issues that are shaping the nation, premier events for entrepreneurs, and webinars, guides, and other resources to help you grow your business.
- FinanceProlific Regulation: Examining SEC Rulemaking Under the Biden AdministrationThursday, October 0611:00 AM EDT - 11:30 AM EDT
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion3rd Annual National Summit on Equality of OpportunityThursday, October 0603:00 PM EDT - 04:00 PM EDT
- Environment and SustainabilitySustainability and Circular Economy Summit 2022Tuesday, October 1109:00 AM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
- TechnologyInformation and news for businesses about the latest advances in technology.
- WorkforceInformation on how businesses can adapt their workforce development and management strategies to deal with the changing labor market.
- Supply ChainInformation and news about the latest developments in the global supply chain.
- Jan 26, 2017Union Membership Drops in 2016
The Bureau of Labor Statistics on January 26 released its annual estimate of union membership in the United States...
- Jan 26, 2017Toward A New UK-EU Relationship: The Importance of Transitional Arrangements
The U.S.-UK Business Council highlights the importance of transitional arrangements as the United Kingdom exits and then resets its relationship with the European Union.
- Jan 26, 2017U.S. Chamber Launches U.S.-UK Business Council
Will Amplify Voice of U.S. Business Community as UK Charts New Course
- Jan 25, 2017State Auto-IRAs: The Wrong Answer
The Chamber's white paper titled State Auto-IRAs: The Wrong Answer, outlines the ways state auto-IRAs will hurt the small business workers they are supposed to help and highlights how workers benefit from strengthened and expanded employer-provided plans.
- Jan 25, 2017Video Series: Giving A Voice To Tomorrow
The Achieving Tomorrow’s Voices project is a creative video campaign that highlights the importance of joint success in education.
- Jan 25, 2017Why My Small Business–And Millions More–Are Counting on Regulatory Reform
It's hard to overstate how beneficial regulatory reform legislation would be to small businesses like mine.
- Jan 24, 2017President Trump Revives Keystone XL and Dakota Access Pipelines We now have an administration that is serious about putting American energy to work for the entire economy
- Jan 24, 2017U.S. Chamber Applauds Long-Awaited Attention to American Energy Infrastructure
WASHINGTON, D.C.—Karen Harbert, president and CEO of the U.S. Chamber’s Institute for 21st Century Energy, issued the following statement today regarding President Trump’s announced Executive Orders on accelerating infrastructure:
- Jan 24, 2017How One Startup Helps Groupon, Other Retailers Keep Returns Out of the Trash
Optoro has helped companies of all sizes keep returned and excess inventory out of the junkyard. How? By getting it into the right hands.
- Jan 24, 2017Why Employer-Sponsored Coverage Has to Be Protected 155 million people under 65 years old—almost two-thirds--get their health coverage through an employer.