Spotlight on Small Business
The most prominent drivers are constant shifts in power in Washington, an increasingly partisan approach to lawmaking, and a willingness by both parties to pursue policy changes through regulation rather than legislation.
- Intellectual Property
Shop Smart this Holiday Season to Unbox Real Happiness
By Sydney Crawford
- Employment Policy
EEOC Harassment Guidance Leaves Employers Guessing
By Marc Freedman
Chamber OnDemand Highlights
Deep Dives on Workforce Data
We believe in the power of business to improve society and create a brighter future for people, communities, and our country.
- Americans Deserve a Transparent and Accountable FTCThe Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) recent actions are alarming and pose a serious threat to our economy.
- America Works InitiativeWe are calling on elected officials and the federal and state level to take immediate action to help address this national economic crisis.
- Equality of Opportunity InitiativeThe EOI agenda advances real solutions through private sector initiatives, and policy advocacy at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Protect Main Street LendingStand with us to ensure your local businesses can access the resources they need to thrive.
We Work for You
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization and network. Our members range from small businesses and chambers of commerce across the country to startups in fast-growing industries, leading industry associations, and global corporations.
For all the businesses and associations we represent, we are the only organization that optimizes the relationship between government and business at scale, across the economy, and around the world.
Join the largest community of business leaders in the world. Together, we'll work for government policies that help you run and grow your business, eliminate bureaucratic barriers, and strengthen America’s economy. You'll also gain access to the latest intelligence on issues shaping the nation, premier events for entrepreneurs, and webinars, guides, and other resources to help you grow your business.
- TechnologyTecTalk with Congressman Bob LattaTuesday, December 0502:00 PM EST - 03:00 PM EST
- Small BusinessCO— Strategy Studio: Why Good Accounting Matters at Tax TimeThursday, December 0712:00 PM EST - 12:30 PM EST
- TechnologyInformation and news for businesses about the latest advances in technology.
- WorkforceInformation on how businesses can adapt their workforce development and management strategies to deal with the changing labor market.
- Supply ChainInformation and news about the latest developments in the global supply chain.
The U.S. Supreme Court on January 8 denied a petition for a writ of certiorari in a key case involving the issue of joint employment that observers of labor policy have been watching with interest. The court’s decision leaves in place a dubious ruling from the U.S.
WASHINGTON, D.C. — U.S. Chamber President and CEO Thomas J. Donohue today outlined a four-point plan for infrastructure modernization and investment, framing the issue as a top policy priority for the business community and urging Congress and the administration to take immediate, meaningful action to advance an infrastructure bill.
America’s Infrastructure Summit: Time to Modernize
84% of small businesses in the U.S. use at least one major digital platform to provide information to customers.
This report from the Chamber Technology Engagement Center, Facebook, and Morning Consult explores how small businesses are using social media and digital platforms to grow, sell, and hire.
President Trump on January 12 nominated attorney John F. Ring to serve on the National Labor Relations Board...
Because Washington has been unwilling to make tough choices, the nation’s infrastructure has suffered.
WASHINGTON, D.C. — U.S. Chamber Global Innovation Policy Center (GIPC) President and CEO David Hirschmann released the following statement today in response to the release of USTR’s Notorious Markets list:
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce recently laid out its agenda for 2018 at the annual State of American Business.
This 2017 Edition of the Index of U.S. Energy Security Risk is the ﬁrst that we are releasing as the Chamber’s Global Energy Institute. GEI’s original incarnation, the Institute for 21st Century Energy, was formed in 2007 at a time when gasoline prices were at an all-time high, America’s dependence on foreign oil was growing, and our energy security was worsening alarmingly. Today, the situation is much different, which is reﬂected in our new name. American energy has changed our economy, and now it will change the world’s.