Spotlight on Small Business
The most prominent drivers are constant shifts in power in Washington, an increasingly partisan approach to lawmaking, and a willingness by both parties to pursue policy changes through regulation rather than legislation.
- Intellectual Property
Shop Smart this Holiday Season to Unbox Real Happiness
By Sydney Crawford
- Employment Policy
EEOC Harassment Guidance Leaves Employers Guessing
By Marc Freedman
Chamber OnDemand Highlights
Deep Dives on Workforce Data
We believe in the power of business to improve society and create a brighter future for people, communities, and our country.
- Americans Deserve a Transparent and Accountable FTCThe Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) recent actions are alarming and pose a serious threat to our economy.
- America Works InitiativeWe are calling on elected officials and the federal and state level to take immediate action to help address this national economic crisis.
- Equality of Opportunity InitiativeThe EOI agenda advances real solutions through private sector initiatives, and policy advocacy at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Protect Main Street LendingStand with us to ensure your local businesses can access the resources they need to thrive.
We Work for You
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization and network. Our members range from small businesses and chambers of commerce across the country to startups in fast-growing industries, leading industry associations, and global corporations.
For all the businesses and associations we represent, we are the only organization that optimizes the relationship between government and business at scale, across the economy, and around the world.
Join the largest community of business leaders in the world. Together, we'll work for government policies that help you run and grow your business, eliminate bureaucratic barriers, and strengthen America’s economy. You'll also gain access to the latest intelligence on issues shaping the nation, premier events for entrepreneurs, and webinars, guides, and other resources to help you grow your business.
- TechnologyTecTalk with Congressman Bob LattaTuesday, December 0502:00 PM EST - 03:00 PM EST
- Small BusinessCO— Strategy Studio: Why Good Accounting Matters at Tax TimeThursday, December 0712:00 PM EST - 12:30 PM EST
- TechnologyInformation and news for businesses about the latest advances in technology.
- WorkforceInformation on how businesses can adapt their workforce development and management strategies to deal with the changing labor market.
- Supply ChainInformation and news about the latest developments in the global supply chain.
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The RSM US Middle Market Business Index (MMBI), presented by RSM US LLP (“RSM”) in partnership with the U.S.
Our government has a responsibility to protect Social Security and Medicare but is currently failing to meet that responsibility.
“This is not the right approach.” WASHINGTON, D.C. — U.S. Chamber of Commerce President and CEO Thomas J. Donohue today issued the following statement: “Imposing tariffs places the cost of China’s unfair trade practices squarely on the shoulders of American consumers, manufacturers, farmers, and ranchers. This is not the right approach.”
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, at its board meeting earlier this month, awarded accreditation to five chambers of commerce for their sound policies, effective organizational procedures, and positive impact on their communities.
Opioid abuse and addiction has become a nation-wide epidemic. More than 300,000 Americans have died from opioid overdoses since 2000.
On Wednesday, June 18, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce released a report titled The Multiemployer Pension Plan Crisis: Businesses and Jobs at Risk. The report outlines the multiemployer pension plan crisis and what it will mean for employers, participants and beneficiaries, as well as the U.S. economy in general.
Defined benefit pension plans have long been favored for retirement because they promise a guaranteed level of income and don’t require individuals to manage assets...
The administration is right to call attention to trade barriers that American companies face but strategy must aim at the right problems.
A recent vote at Boeing’s North Charleston, SC, plant is likely to provide the NLRB an opportunity to clarify its position on micro-unions.
To understand the dangers of protectionist trade policies look at Latin American history.