More on the Debt Limit
Applications Are Open Now: America's Top Small Business 2023
Are you America's Top Small Business? We're looking for small businesses nationwide that are driving economic growth and stimulating their local communities and economies. Apply now for this annual award and your chance to win $25,000!
Spotlight on Small Business
- Small Business
Small Businesses Are Wary, Resilient Amid Inflation, Credit Concerns
By Thomas M. Sullivan
Small Business Exporters Fuel Jobs, Growth in America’s Heartland
All across America, small and medium-sized exporters are flourishing, selling their products to international customers, gaining market share—and creating jobs. Here are three of them.
By Thaddeus Swanek
- Employment Policy
NLRB Takes on Free Speech Yet Again
By Glenn Spencer
It's Time to Secure Our Borders and Expand Legal Immigration
The situation at the border is chaos. Our immigration system fails to meet the needs of businesses and imposes significant costs on communities and our economy.
By Jon Baselice
Chamber OnDemand Highlights: Navigating Business in 2023
Deep Dives on Workforce Data
We believe in the power of business to improve society and create a brighter future for people, communities, and our country.
- Americans Deserve a Transparent and Accountable FTCThe Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) recent actions are alarming and pose a serious threat to our economy.Learn More
- America Works InitiativeWe are calling on elected officials and the federal and state level to take immediate action to help address this national economic crisis.Learn More
- Equality of Opportunity InitiativeThe EOI agenda advances real solutions through private sector initiatives, and policy advocacy at the federal, state, and local levels.Learn More
- Antitrust Laws: Promoting Competition and Free MarketsCritically important but commonly misunderstood, antitrust laws are meant to promote competition and protect consumers. Here’s everything you need to know.Learn More
We Work for You
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization. Our members range from the small businesses and chambers of commerce across the country that support their communities, to the leading industry associations and global corporations that innovate and solve for the world’s challenges, to the emerging and fast-growing industries that are shaping the future. For all of the businesses we represent, the Chamber is an advocate, partner, and network, helping them improve society and people’s lives.
Join the largest community of business leaders in the world. Together, we'll work for government policies that help you run and grow your business, eliminate bureaucratic barriers, and strengthen America’s economy. You'll also gain access to the latest intelligence on issues that are shaping the nation, premier events for entrepreneurs, and webinars, guides, and other resources to help you grow your business.
- International48th Annual India Ideas SummitTuesday, June 1309:00 AM EDT - 05:00 PM EDTLearn More
- Small BusinessCO— Strategy Studio: Doing Business with Big BusinessesThursday, June 2212:00 PM EDT - 12:30 PM EDTLearn More
- Security and Resilience12th Annual Building Resilience ConferenceWednesday, July 26 - Thursday, July 2708:00 AM EDT - 03:00 PM EDTLearn More
- TechnologyInformation and news for businesses about the latest advances in technology.Learn More
- WorkforceInformation on how businesses can adapt their workforce development and management strategies to deal with the changing labor market.Learn More
- Supply ChainInformation and news about the latest developments in the global supply chain.Learn More
Also Releases Africa Policy Recommendations for the U.S. Administration
But it doesn’t address the National Labor Relations Board’s 2015 ruling broadening the definition of a joint employer.
As the debate over trade continues to unfold, many small businesses are watching with interest—their success depends on the outcome.
As this blog has noted on many occasions, the Obama-era National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) was one of the more excessive regulators...
As readers of this blog know, the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) issued a great number of slanted decisions during the Obama era. Unfortunately, that trend has continued under the current 2-1 Democrat majority, highlighted by a recent case RHCG Safety Corp. In it, the Board not only established yet another illogical and impractical precedent, but also exposed some of the flaws of the ambush election rule.
WASHINGTON, D.C.—The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, at its board meeting today, awarded accreditation to six chambers of commerce for their sound policies, effective organizational procedures, and positive impact on their communities.
“Our role is to create prosperity for society—and the best way to create prosperity is through purpose.”
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Board of Directors today elected Tom Wilson, chairman and CEO of The Allstate Corporation, to a one-year term as its Chairman. Wilson succeeds John L. Hopkins, chairman and CEO of NuScale Power LLC.
WASHINGTON, D.C. — The U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Board of Directors today elected James E. Stephenson, chairman and CEO of Yancey Bros., as its vice chairman. Stephenson succeeds Thomas J. Wilson, chairman and CEO of The Allstate Corporation, who is today assuming the role of chairman. Stephenson will serve a one-year term.
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce today reintroduced “Faces of Trade ®,” a longstanding and ongoing project to tell the real-life stories of the American workers, farmers, and entrepreneurs whose livelihoods have been supported and improved by global trade. For the latest in the series, the Chamber canvassed America from the Midwest through the Rust Belt and along the East Coast, talking and listening to Main Street business owners and leaders about what trade means to them.