Worldwide trade in counterfeit and fake goods amounts to more than $500 billion annually. With the holiday shopping season kicking off, here are some ways to #ShopSmart and avoid fake products.
Spotlight On: Small Business
Department of Labor’s Independent Contractor Proposal Takes Aim at Broad Array of Sole Proprietors
The Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division’s recently proposed regulation redefines how to classify employees and independent contractors under the Fair Labor Standards Act. Here's what businesses across industries need to know.
By Marc Freedman
Growing Our Economy Via Trade
Chamber OnDemand Highlights: Keeping Businesses Informed
Deep Dives on Workforce Data
- Americans Deserve a Transparent and Accountable FTCThe Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) recent actions are alarming and pose a serious threat to our economy.
- America Works InitiativeWe are calling on elected officials and the federal and state level to take immediate action to help address this national economic crisis.
- Equality of Opportunity InitiativeThe EOI agenda advances real solutions through private sector initiatives, and policy advocacy at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Antitrust Laws: Promoting Competition and Free MarketsCritically important but commonly misunderstood, antitrust laws are meant to promote competition and protect consumers. Here’s everything you need to know.
We Work for You
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization. Our members range from the small businesses and chambers of commerce across the country that support their communities, to the leading industry associations and global corporations that innovate and solve for the world’s challenges, to the emerging and fast-growing industries that are shaping the future. For all of the businesses we represent, the Chamber is an advocate, partner, and network, helping them improve society and people’s lives.
Join the largest community of business leaders in the world. Together, we'll work for government policies that help you run and grow your business, eliminate bureaucratic barriers, and strengthen America’s economy. You'll also gain access to the latest intelligence on issues that are shaping the nation, premier events for entrepreneurs, and webinars, guides, and other resources to help you grow your business.
- WorkforceTalent ForwardThursday, December 0801:00 PM EST - 03:00 PM EST
- Small BusinessCO— Start. Run. Grow: Certifying Your BusinessThursday, December 1512:00 PM EST - 01:00 PM EST
- TechnologyInformation and news for businesses about the latest advances in technology.
- WorkforceInformation on how businesses can adapt their workforce development and management strategies to deal with the changing labor market.
- Supply ChainInformation and news about the latest developments in the global supply chain.
- Mar 14, 2017The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is pleased to share this report. The Chamber and its members have long been committed to aligning trade, regulatory and competition policy in support of open and competitive markets. In recent years, however, the Chamber has grown concerned with disparate approaches to antitrust enforcement around the world and increasingly misguided uses of antitrust as a means to achieve industrial policy outcomes.
- Mar 14, 2017
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce welcomes a report issued today by an independent group of experts it commissioned to consider U.S. responses to the inappropriate use of antitrust enforcement actions worldwide to achieve industrial policy outcomes. In preparing the report, the group drew upon its members’ decades of experience in competition, trade, and economic policy in deliberations independent of the Chamber.
- Mar 14, 2017
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Chamber Technology Engagement Center (C_TEC) yesterday submitted comments to the Department of Commerce’s (DoC) National Telecommunications and Information Administration (NTIA) calling on the DoC to support the Developing Innovation and Growing the Internet of Things (DIGIT) Act in Congress, a bill that would ensure that stakeholders are engaged with the government on issues surrounding the internet of things (IoT). The comments also warn the NTIA against creating new regulations that would inhibit IoT development.
- Mar 10, 2017
Since June 2011, Piedmont Gardens, the Service Employees International Union (SEIU) and the National Labor Relations Board (NLRB) have been at odds about how to handle workplace investigations. More specifically, their dispute centers on whether employers must turn over to a union confidential statements made by employees during the course of the investigation. After the case started nearly six years ago, a federal appeals court is now considering the issue.