From shipping to staffing, the Chamber and its partners have the tools to save your business money and the solutions to help you run it more efficiently. Join the U.S. Chamber of Commerce today to start saving.
- Major technical difficulties today with Zoom platform for this call so we had a truncated agenda.
- OSD A&S will send some additional information via email today that we will push out to our members.
- DoD COVID 19 awards just under $16B; +$100M awarded just last week; OSD continues to be pleased with the share of business awarded to small businesses totaling 55% to date.
- Sec 889—ODNI waiver--working closely with ODNI to seek an extension beyond 30 Sep—still in progress, no decision yet from ODNI on an extension.
- Question raised regarding a list of companies specific to Sec 889 suppliers of concern. OSD answer—such a list does not matter as each vendor must look at their products and components and make an informed decision.
- Statute specific to where companies should be looking and assessing and if you have questions, work with your contracting officer.
- OSD surprised how little companies are finding in their supply chain to date specific to Sec 889 compliance and reporting. OSD will not be providing any additional guidance on this matter.
- Truck transportation across the U.S. was down by 50% in June, picked up a little in July and August, is off the charts in transport activity (attributed in part to backlog) with volume to date this month setting a record since tracking began in 1989.