From shipping to staffing, the Chamber and its partners have the tools to save your business money and the solutions to help you run it more efficiently. Join the U.S. Chamber of Commerce today to start saving.
Prior to Congress recessing after passing the CARES ACT, the House launched a draft bill to serve as the first step in drafting and debating a 2021 NDAA. We are providing a very top level summary, see below, on the top line numbers and a link to the draft text. Anyone interested in MILCON can see thru the link the actual numbers proposed by Service--I could not get the charts to cut and paste to my word file. Again, this is just to jump start the annual NDAA process. The Congress has delayed NDAA 2021 markup until some time after the end of this month. We will be watching this closely and will keep you informed.
116TH CONGRESS 2D SESSION
H. R. 6395
To authorize appropriations for fiscal year 2021 for military activities of the Department of Defense and for military construction, to prescribe military personnel strengths for such fiscal year, and for other purposes.
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
This Act may be cited as the ‘‘National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2021’’.
SEC. 101. ARMY.
Funds are hereby authorized to be appropriated for fiscal year 2021 for procurement for the Army as follows:
(1) For aircraft, $3,074,594,000.
(2) For missiles, $3,491,507,000.
(3) For ammunition, $2,777,716,000.
(4) For weapons and tracked combat vehicles, $3,696,740,000.
(5) For other procurement, $8,625,206,000.
SEC. 102. NAVY AND MARINE CORPS.
Funds are hereby authorized to be appropriated for fiscal year 2021 for procurement for the Navy and Marine Corps as follows:
(1) For aircraft, $17,127,378,000.
(2) For shipbuilding and conversion, $19,902,757,000.
(3) For ammunition procurement, Navy and Marine Corps, $883,602,000.
(4) For weapons, $4,884,995,000.
(5) For other procurement, $10,948,518,000. (6) For procurement, Marine Corps, $2,903,976,000.
SEC. 103. AIR FORCE AND SPACE FORCE.
Funds are hereby authorized to be appropriated for fiscal year 2021 for procurement for the Air Force and Space Force as follows:
(1) For aircraft, $17,908,145,000.
(2) For missiles, $2,396,417,000.
(3) For ammunition, $596,338,000.
(4) For other procurement, $23,695,720,000.
SEC. 201. AUTHORIZATION OF APPROPRIATIONS.
Funds are hereby authorized to be appropriated for fiscal year 2021 for the use of the Department of Defense for research, development, test, and evaluation as follows:
(1) For the Army, $12,587,343,000.
(2) For the Navy, $21,427,048,000.
(3) For the Air Force, $37,391,826,000.
(4) For the Space Force, $10,327,595,000.
(5) For Defense-wide activities, $24,280,891,000.
(6) For the Director of Operational Test and Evaluation, $210,090,000.