Executive Director, Wellness Council of Indiana
Chuck Gillespie joined the Indiana Chamber of Commerce in January 2011. With over 25 years of experience working in all facets of business, Chuck has seen firsthand the importance of both organizational intelligence and organizational health.
He is a former human resources manager for a power utility and director of human resources for a transportation corporation. In those positions, he led the workplace wellness efforts that resulted in substantial cost savings to the company.
Chuck has also held positions in finance and operations and has owned and operated a consulting firm focused on human resources management, leveraging technology and utilizing behavioral economics.
He has spent time in the classroom teaching for Purdue University, IUPUI and Indiana Wesleyan University. Chuck earned a bachelor’s degree from Purdue University and an MBA from the University of Indianapolis. Additionally, he has trained hundreds of individuals on how to coordinate workplace wellness efforts. Chuck resides with his wife and daughter in Fishers, Indiana.
• Board of Directors for the Indiana State Council of the Society for Human Resources Management (SHRM)
• Co-Chair for the Indiana Workplace Wellness Partnership (IWWP)
• Co-Chair for the Indiana Healthy Weight Initiative
• Indiana Statewide Pioneering Healthier Communities Initiative Leadership Team
• WellCert Master Trainer – Chapman Institute