Recent Activity

CommentSep 25, 2018 - 9:45am

Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Plants; Revision of the Regulations for Prohibitions to Threatened Wildlife and Plants, 83 Fed. Reg. 35,174 (July 25, 2018); Docket No. FWS-HQ-ES-2018-0007

The U.S. Chamber of Commerce submits these comments in support of the Fish and Wildlife Service’s (FWS) proposed revisions to regulations extending to threatened species most of the prohibitions for activities involving endangered species.1 The Chamber recognizes the need to protect species threatened with extinction, but urges the FWS to avoid unnecessary impediments to land and natural resources development. FWS can accomplish this by using sound science and tailored section 4(d) rules to balance endangered species protection with property rights and compliance costs when listing species and designating critical habitat.

CommentSep 25, 2018 - 9:45am

Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Plants; Revision of Regulations for Interagency Cooperation, 83 Fed. Reg. 35,178 (July 25, 2018); Docket No. FWS-HQES-2018-0009

CH A M B E R O F CO M M E R C E O F T H E UN I T E D ST A T E S O F AM E R I C A 1615 H ST R E E T, NW WA S H I N G T O N, DC 20062 ( 2 0 2 ) 463-5310 September 24, 2018 VIA ELECTRONIC FILING

CommentSep 25, 2018 - 9:45am

Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Plants; Revision of the Regulations for Listing Species and Designating Critical Habitat, 83 Fed. Reg. 35,193 (July 25, 2018); Docket No. FWS-HQ-ES-2018-0006

CommentAug 28, 2018 - 10:00am

U.S. Chamber Comments on Foreign Tax Credit Transition Rules

On August 28, the U.S. Chamber submitted the following comments to the Treasury Department and the IRS detailing concerns regarding foreign tax credit transition rules.

CommentAug 27, 2018 - 12:30pm

Comments on Proposed Action: Clean Water Act Hazardous Substances Spill Prevention

Submitted via www.regulations.gov August 24, 2018 U.S. Environmental Protection Agency EPA Docket Center Attention Docket ID No. EPA-HQ-OLEM-2018-0024 Mailcode: 28221T 1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W. Washington, DC 20460

CommentAug 23, 2018 - 1:45pm

Comments on Accidental Release Prevention Requirements: Risk Management Programs Under the Clean Air Act

August 23, 2018 VIA ELECTRONIC FILING Mr. James Belke and Ms. Kathy Franklin U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Office of Land and Emergency Management (5104A) 1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W. Washington, D.C. 20460

CommentAug 20, 2018 - 5:15pm

Comments on Availability of Draft Toxicological Profile: Perfluoroalkyls

CH A M B E R O F CO M M E R C E O F T H E UN I T E D ST A T E S O F AM E R I C A 1615 H ST R E E T, NW WA S H I N G T O N, DC 20062 ( 2 0 2 ) 463-5310 August 20, 2018 VIA ELECTRONIC FILING

CommentAug 20, 2018 - 5:00pm

Comments on Regulations for Implementing the Procedural Provisions of the National Environmental Policy Act

CH A M B E R O F CO M M E R C E O F T H E UN I T E D ST A T E S O F AM E R I C A NE I L L. BR A D L E Y EX E C U T I V E VI C E PR E S I D E N T & CH I E F PO L I C Y OF F I C E R 1615 H ST R E E T, NW WA S H I N G T O N, DC 20062 ( 2 0 2 ) 463-5310 August 20, 2018 VIA ELECTRONIC FILING

CommentAug 16, 2018 - 2:30pm

Problem Formulation Documents and General Guiding Risk Evaluation Principles"

The attached comments were submitted today to EPA regarding its notice, “Problem Formulations for the Risk Evaluations To Be Conducted Under the Toxic Substances Control Act, and General Guiding Principles To Apply Systematic Review in TSCA Risk Evaluations; Notice of Availability.”