Energy has driven job growth and improvement in our economy and will continue to be an opportunity for our country. The U.S. Chamber and its Institute for 21st Century Energy are urging Congress and the administration to take the needed legislative and regulatory steps to produce more American energy in an environmentally responsible manner—and we should be able to sell it around the world.
Energy Works for US, the Energy Institute’s plan to secure America’s energy future, calls for:
- Allowing greater access to oil and gas resources on federal lands and offshore.
- Enhancing the competitiveness of renewable sources of energy.
- Promoting energy efficiency and advanced technologies.
- Expanding the use of emissions-free nuclear energy.
- Recognizing the important role of coal in our economy and working to make it cleaner.
- Reforming the regulatory process for energy projects.
- Developing a competitive energy workforce.
Energy is delivering for Americans by creating millions of jobs, lowing prices and raising incomes, and increasing our energy security and our national security. Revenues generated by increased production can even help solve our nation’s fiscal challenges. Energy is doing all of that and can do even more—if we let it.