Environment and Sustainability
Businesses are invested in America’s communities, and a clean, healthy environment is critical for quality of life and economic strength in every community. Companies across industries have undertaken sustainability initiatives to improve their operations and reduce their environmental footprint, utilizing new technology and seeking efficiency.
Read these first
- 4 Climate Innovations Led By BusinessBusinesses are investing in blue hydrogen, direct air capture, and other climate technologies to build a more sustainable future.
- Funding the Green Transition: The Importance of Sustainable FinanceThere are numerous opportunities and obstacles for corporations in the U.S. and EU as they invest in the transition toward sustainable finance.
- Reducing Methane Emissions Through Smart Policy ChangesHere’s how policymakers are taking action to reduce methane emissions for a positive impact on the environment and the economy.
Climate Change: The Path Forward
A challenge of this magnitude requires collaboration, not confrontation, to advance the best ideas and policies. Together, we can forge solutions that improve our environment and grow our economy—leaving the world better for generations to come. We stand with every American seeking a cleaner, stronger environment—for today and tomorrow.
We promote voluntary, flexible—not one-size-fits-all or prescriptive—policy solutions that will unleash business innovation and economic and environmental progress. We also push for federal investments in research and development, infrastructure modernization, smart technologies, and export initiatives that support continued business leadership and sustainable growth.
As climate challenges continue to shape the way companies innovate, the hydrogen economy has grown and has proven to be a viable source of energy.
Small business advice from CO—
- Small BusinessCO— Start. Run. Grow. Staying Connected in a Hybrid WorldThursday, August 1112:00 PM EDT - 01:00 PM EDT
- International47th India Ideas SummitTuesday, September 06 - Wednesday, September 0712:00 AM EDT - 12:00 AM EDT
- SpaceU.S. Chamber of Commerce Global Aerospace SummitWednesday, September 14 - Thursday, September 1502:00 PM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
- Jan 25, 2017Multi-Association Letter to Hill Leadership Urging CRA Resolution for EPA Risk Management Program (RMP) Rule
Dear Congressional Leaders:
- Jan 24, 2017U.S. Chamber Applauds Long-Awaited Attention to American Energy Infrastructure
WASHINGTON, D.C.—Karen Harbert, president and CEO of the U.S. Chamber’s Institute for 21st Century Energy, issued the following statement today regarding President Trump’s announced Executive Orders on accelerating infrastructure:
- Jan 18, 2017Hill Letter to Sen. Grassley and Rep. Collins Supporting Introduction of the Sunshine for Regulatory Decrees and Settlements Act (Sue and Settle)
Dear Senator Grassley and Representative Collins:
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce supports H.R. 469 and S. 119, the “Sunshine for Regulatory Decrees and Settlements Act” and thanks you for introducing this important legislation. The Sunshine for Regulatory Decrees and Settlements Act would help address the abusive “sue and settle” process that allows special interest groups to use lawsuit settlements to take effective control of an agency’s agenda and regulatory priorities.
- Jan 12, 2017Statement for the Record on EPA's Proposal on Implementation of 2015 Ozone National Ambient Air Quality Standards
Statement Prepared for the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency Public Hearing, Washington, D.C., January 12, 2017
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Proposal on the “Implementation of the 2015 National Ambient Air Quality Standards for Ozone: Nonattainment Area Classifications and State Implementation Plan Requirements”
- Jan 11, 2017U.S. Chamber Applauds House Passage of Regulatory Reform Measure
Bradley: ‘We have to get these rules right’
WASHINGTON, D.C.—U.S. Chamber Senior Vice President and Chief Policy Officer Neil Bradley issued the following statement today praising House passage of H.R. 5, which includes the Regulatory Accountability Act:
- Jan 09, 2017Comments to FCC on Petition for Declaratory Ruling on Regulating Time Limitations for Customer Redress for Customer Contracts
VIA ELECTRONIC FILING
TO: Ms. Marlene Dortch
Federal Communications Commission
445 12th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20554
RE: In the Matter of Truth-In-Billing Format (CC Docket No. 98-170).
Dear Ms. Dortch:
- Jan 09, 2017Comments to EPA on Request for Nominations for Science Advisory Committee on Chemicals
VIA ELECTRONIC FILING
TO: Mr. James Jones
Assistant Administrator, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
1200 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20460-0001
RE: Request for Nominations: Science Advisory Committee on Chemicals (81 Fed. Reg. 89092) (December 9, 2016); Docket No. EPA-HQ-OPPT-2016-0713
- Jan 06, 2017Key Vote Letter to House Supporting H.R. 5, the Regulatory Accountability Act
TO THE MEMBERS OF THE U.S. HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES:
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce strongly supports H.R. 5, which includes the Regulatory Accountability Act, and may consider including votes on, or in relation to, H.R. 5 in our annual How They Voted scorecard.
The Chamber commends the House for acting on regulatory reform legislation so early in the 115th session, and for bringing H.R 5, which also includes important provisions related to small businesses, to the floor.
- Jan 03, 2017U.S. Chamber Comment on House Regulatory Reform Measures
As the House begins consideration of numerous regulatory reform measures, the below quote can be attributed to William Kovacs, U.S. Chamber senior vice president of Environment, Technology and Regulatory Affairs: