2nd Annual Health Care Summit
Harnessing Efficiencies to Increase Value and Improve Outcomes
Doors open: 7:30AM
Program: 8:00AM – 4:30PM
Reception: 4:30PM – 5:30PM
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce will host the 2nd Annual Health Care Summit to explore how strategies in the private and public sectors can be utilized to increase value and improve outcomes as the nation rapidly approaches major changes to the health care system in 2014 and beyond.
As the world’s largest business federation representing the interests of more than three million businesses and organizations of every size, sector, and region, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce promotes health care reform that builds on the current employer-sponsored system and uses market-based solutions to lower cost, improve quality, cover more individuals, and protect American jobs and the businesses that create them.
This event will examine how current efficient practices in the health care system can be leveraged to increase value by addressing cost and quality challenges system-wide, ultimately strengthening the U.S. health care system and improving outcomes for all. The event will also feature the presentation of the 2013 U.S. Chamber of Commerce Health Care Leadership Award.
For speaking and sponsorship opportunities please contact Ben Askin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Confirmed Speakers include:
- Thomas J. Donohue, President and Chief Executive Officer, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Harvey V. Fineberg, M.D., Ph.D., President, Institute of Medicine
- Larry J. Merlo, President and Chief Executive Officer, CVS Caremark
- Ralph de la Torre, M.D., Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Steward Health Care System LLC
- Gary W. Procop, MD, MS, Chair, Molecular Pathology, Section Head, Clinical and Molecular Microbiology, Director, Parasitology and Mycology Laboratories, and Professor of Pathology, Cleveland Clinic
- Patrick Falvey, Ph.D., Executive Vice President and Chief Integration Officer, Aurora Health Care
- Andrew Rein, Associate Director for Policy, U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Randel K. Johnson, Senior Vice President, Labor, Immigration, and Employee Benefits, U.S. Chamber of Commerce
- Pamela French, Director, Global Benefits and Integration, Human Resources, The Boeing Company
- Dave Queller, President, National Accounts, Aetna
- Susan Henley Manning, Chief Operating Officer, Center for Healthcare Economics and Policy, and Senior Managing Director, FTI Consulting, Inc.
- Robert (Bob) Wychulis, Chief Executive Officer, New York HealthPlus Amerigroup
- Sandra Van Trease, Group President, BJC HealthCare
- Jeffrey E. Thompson, MD, Chief Executive Officer, Gundersen Lutheran Health System
- Ted Kezios, Global Director of Benefits, Cisco Systems
- Lori Reilly, Executive Vice President for Policy & Research, PhRMA
- Peter A. Van Loon, Chief Operating Officer, Access Health CT
- Mila Kofman, Executive Director, DC Health Benefit Exchange Authority
- Jeff Tikkanen, President, Retail Markets, Health Care Service Corporation
- Esther Krofah, Program Director, Health Division, National Governors Association Center for Best Practices
- Michael W. Cropp, M.D., MBA, President and Chief Executive Officer, Independent Health
- Anna Fallieras, Program Leader, Health Care Initiatives and Policy, General Electric Company
- Bill Winkenwerder, M.D., President and Chief Executive Officer, Highmark
- Bradley (Brad) King, MBA/MPA, CPA, Principal, Health Care, CliftonLarsonAllen LLP
- Kathryn Teng, M.D., FACP, Director, Center for Personalized Healthcare, Cleveland Clinic
- Annalisa Jenkins, Executive Vice President and Global Head of R&D, Merck Serono
- Robert Spendlove, Health Reform Coordinator, Office of Governor of Utah
- Russel E. Kaufman, MD, President and Chief Executive Officer, The Wistar Institute
- Fikry Isaac, MD, MPH, FACOEM, Vice President, Global Health Services, Johnson & Johnson
- Tom Graf, M.D., Chief Medical Officer, Population Health and Longitudinal Care, Geisinger Health System
- Dr. Sanjay M. Udoshi, Physician Architect – Clinical Analytics Product Strategy, Oracle Health Science Global Business Unit
- Edward Abrahams, Ph.D., President, Personalized Medicine Coalition
Highlights from last year’s 1st Annual Health Care Summit can be accessed here.
To read a summary of last year’s event, click here. (PDF)
Please watch the webcast live on our website and join the conversation on Twitter by following #Health2013.