This year’s Global Trade Conference will build on the work of the forum, bringing together leading stakeholders to discuss key developments in global trade and how to create a truly effective and sustainable system(s) of global governance.
- How has Covid-19 both raised new challenges and played into broader discussions around global trade?
- With the signing of the ‘phase one’ trade deal and the coming US elections, what is next for US–China relations?
- How will shifting supply chains, technological developments and the increasing importance of services shape global trade in the 2020s and beyond?
- What impact is climate change having on global trade? How can effective environmental sustainability and trade policy inform and enable each other?
- Will the World Trade Organization (WTO) be reformed to address such challenges or developments? Or is the future of international trade governance (at least partially) found elsewhere?
Being held online this year, this LIVE series event will give you the opportunity to network with policy-makers, business leaders and international experts while participating in high-level panel discussions on developments in global trade and ways to ensure effective and sustainable trade governance. Confirmed speakers include:
- Alan Wm. Wolff, Deputy Director-General, World Trade Organization
- Denis Redonnet, Chief Trade Enforcement Officer, European Commission
- Sally Jones, UK Trade Strategy and Brexit Leader, EY
- Kimberly Botwright, Community Lead, Global Trade and Investment, World Economic Forum
The full agenda and speaker list is available here.
For complimentary access use code: TRADEUSCC