The Chamber champions issues that promote open markets and a level playing field for American businesses to compete and prosper in Southeast Asia:
- Encourage increased economic efficiency in the region by promoting predictable investment regimes, liberalized financial services and good corporate governance, increased protection of intellectual property, harmonization of technical standards, and integrated customs procedures.
- Advocate for the U.S.-ASEAN Trade and Investment Framework Area.
- Support the U.S.-Malaysia Free Trade Agreement and the Free Trade Agreement of the Asia Pacific (FTAAP).
- Monitor Vietnam's implementation of its World Trade Organization membership commitments.
- Work with Indonesian companies to support the U.S.-Indonesia Trade and Investment Agreement.
- Encourage Indonesia to liberalize its investment regulations.