America has grown and thrived because we attract and welcome the hardest working and most talented people to our shores. They come here to pursue their dreams and build their lives. However, today’s immigration system falls far short of meeting the needs of our society, our economy, our businesses, and our workers. The U.S. Chamber works for smart immigration policy reforms so the U.S. can boost economic growth, create jobs, and encourage innovation and entrepreneurship.
The H-1B and E-3 specialty occupation worker visa programs can help businesses solve workforce challenges due to a lack of skilled talent. Here’s what businesses need to know about the application process for these talented, well-educated foreign nationals.
- 4 Visa Programs That Can Help Employers Solve Their Workforce NeedsAmerican businesses are in the midst of the biggest labor crisis ever, with more open positions than there are available and willing workers to fill them. Legal nonimmigrant workers can help businesses meet their workforce needs. Here are four nonimmigrants visa programs to know about.
- Why Immigration Reform Matters to Local CommunitiesFor local communities and businesses of all sizes, across all industries, immigration has to be part of the solution for future economic growth and sustained prosperity.
- How Congress Can Find Common Ground on Immigration ReformCongressional members on both sides of the political aisle share their thoughts on potential pathways to compromise on immigration reform.
To allow businesses to meet their workforce needs, the U.S. Chamber is pushing Congress and the administration to implement commonsense immigration reforms. When businesses are empowered to welcome international talent to the workforce, we renew our nation’s legacy as an open and welcoming country where anyone who works hard can attain his or her goals.
Immigration is not only crucial to America’s identity but also to its economy. Here’s how immigration reform can drive local and national economic growth.
Small business advice from CO—
- InternationalInSTEP: The Ongoing Russia-Ukraine Conflict and Geopolitical ImplicationsMonday, October 0304:00 PM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
- Health CareHealth ForwardTuesday, October 0401:00 PM EDT - 03:00 PM EDT
- FinanceProlific Regulation: Examining SEC Rulemaking Under the Biden AdministrationThursday, October 0611:00 AM EDT - 11:30 AM EDT
- Feb 06, 2017The U.S. and Canada: An Indispensable Trade Relationship
Address by Tom Donohue on "The U.S. and Canada: An Indispensable Trade Relationship".
- Jan 11, 2017U.S. Chamber President: Economic Growth Must Be Nation’s Top Priority
Business Community Optimistic, Realistic, and Ready for Meaningful Reform to Reignite Spirit of American Enterprise
WASHINGTON, D.C.— U.S. Chamber President and CEO Thomas J. Donohue said today in his annual “State of American Business” address that fostering stronger, faster, and more broadly shared economic growth must be the top priority for the nation’s leaders.
- Jan 11, 20172017 State of American Business Address U.S. Chamber President Tom Donohue's remarks on the State of American Business as prepared for delivery on January 11, 2017.