America has grown and thrived because we attract and welcome the hardest working and most talented people to our shores. They come here to pursue their dreams and build their lives. However, today’s immigration system falls far short of meeting the needs of our society, our economy, our businesses, and our workers. The U.S. Chamber works for smart immigration policy reforms so the U.S. can boost economic growth, create jobs, and encourage innovation and entrepreneurship.
The H-1B and E-3 specialty occupation worker visa programs can help businesses solve workforce challenges due to a lack of skilled talent. Here’s what businesses need to know about the application process for these talented, well-educated foreign nationals.
- 4 Visa Programs That Can Help Employers Solve Their Workforce NeedsAmerican businesses are in the midst of the biggest labor crisis ever, with more open positions than there are available and willing workers to fill them. Legal nonimmigrant workers can help businesses meet their workforce needs. Here are four nonimmigrants visa programs to know about.
- Why Immigration Reform Matters to Local CommunitiesFor local communities and businesses of all sizes, across all industries, immigration has to be part of the solution for future economic growth and sustained prosperity.
- How Congress Can Find Common Ground on Immigration ReformCongressional members on both sides of the political aisle share their thoughts on potential pathways to compromise on immigration reform.
To allow businesses to meet their workforce needs, the U.S. Chamber is pushing Congress and the administration to implement commonsense immigration reforms. When businesses are empowered to welcome international talent to the workforce, we renew our nation’s legacy as an open and welcoming country where anyone who works hard can attain his or her goals.
Immigration is not only crucial to America’s identity but also to its economy. Here’s how immigration reform can drive local and national economic growth.
Small business advice from CO—
- Environment and SustainabilitySustainability and Circular Economy Summit 2022Tuesday, October 1109:00 AM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
- Small BusinessCO— Start. Run. Grow. WeekTuesday, October 18 - Thursday, October 2012:00 PM EDT - 01:00 PM EDT
- International4th Annual Transatlantic Business Works SummitThursday, November 1009:00 AM EST - 12:15 PM EST
- Jun 01, 2021
By analyzing more than two decades worth of federal jobs and employment data and conducting surveys of top industry association economists and local and state chamber of commerce leaders across the country, we examined the current state of the American workforce and the monumental challenges employers are facing across the country.
- Apr 22, 2021
“We applaud Senator Cornyn, Senator Sinema, Representative Cuellar, and Representative Gonzales for their leadership in introducing the Bipartisan Border Solutions Act of 2021. The sharp increase in the number of individuals crossing our southern border and the severe overcrowding at our nation’s border facilities present a set of circumstances that Congress cannot ignore. Our leaders need to address this pressing situation, and the only way that meaningful policy changes will be enacted is if Republicans and Democrats work together to achieve those results for the American people."