America’s prosperity, global competitiveness, and quality of life depend on modern infrastructure. We need a durable strategy to modernize roads, bridges, transit, rail, water, energy, and modern access to broadband. Addressing these critical needs without raising taxes on business will create millions of jobs and make our communities safer.
Read these first
- Infrastructure Passes: Five Big Wins for Our EconomyPassage of the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act will rebuild America and turbocharge economic growth.
- US Chamber's 25-Year Timeline to an Infrastructure DealThe U.S. Chamber had engaged in a nine-month blitz of advocacy, advertising, and grass roots organizing to urge the passage of the $1.2 trillion bipartisan Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act.
- How Infrastructure Impacts BusinessInvesting in America’s infrastructure is critical to staying competitive globally. Here's a guide for businesses to the current state of infrastructure in the U.S.
The Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act provided $65 billion for broadband deployment and affordability. Now it’s up to policymakers to partner with American businesses to make it happen.
May 16, 2022 - To commemorate the six month anniversary of the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law and showcase progress made so far, the Biden administration released two maps showing announced funding in every state as well as announced project locations.
For nearly 25 years, the U.S. Chamber has advocated for investment in our crumbling infrastructure system. We have brought together business and labor, Democrats and Republicans, and companies of every industry to move forward this urgent and overdue national priority. We will continue to work with partners in business and government to make the investment, find the workers, and get projects moving. There may be no better way to secure our nation’s long-term competitiveness.
Demand for cleaner energy sources continues to grow and innovation is needed to support it. Red tape, lengthy approvals, and inefficiencies need to be removed.
- Jan 12, 20212021 State of American Business Address: “Rally for Recovery”
In the face of significant challenges, including a global pandemic and an economic crisis, businesses have adapted to survive ... they have served their communities, and this country ... and they have put forward life-saving, world-changing solutions.
- Jan 05, 2021About the Build by the Fourth Campaign
As of March 23, 315 organizations have joined the Build by the Fourth campaign.
- Dec 10, 2020Less Availability of Building Materials Emerges as a Significant Pandemic Challenge for Contractors
71% of commercial construction contractors face at least one material shortage
- Dec 07, 2020U.S. Chamber Letter on the Water Resources Development Act of 2020
This Hill letter was sent to Congressional leadership on S. 1811, the "Water Resources Development Act of 2020."
- Dec 04, 2020U.S. Chamber Foundation's Hiring Our Heroes Announces Winner of 2020 Transition Trucking Award
CHILLICOTHE, OHIO – For the fifth consecutive year, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation's Hiring Our Heroes, in partnership with Kenworth Trucking and FASTPORT, announced the 2020 Transition Trucking: Driving for Excellence award winner on Friday, December 4, 2020 at a small, socially-distanced event at the Kenmore Manufacturing Plant in Chillicothe, Ohio.
- Nov 13, 2020Quick Take: 3 Election Takeaways Americans strongly want effective government, and the Chamber will lead on pandemic relief and rebuilding our infrastructure.
- Oct 26, 2020Rebuilding Our Vital Infrastructure Requires Congressional Leadership
Our EVP calls on congress to pass much needed infrastructure legislation to rebuild our crumbling roads and bridges.
- Sep 17, 2020Commercial Construction Contractors Work Through Backlogs, Express Optimism About Future
1 in 3 plan to hire more workers
- Sep 17, 2020U.S. Chamber of Commerce Commercial Construction Index - 2020 Q3 The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Commercial Construction Index (CCI) is a quarterly economic index designed to gauge the outlook for, and resulting confidence in, the commercial construction industry.
- Aug 25, 2020U.S. Chamber Coalition Moves to Defend NEPA Reforms In Court
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, along with eight other associations, has taken steps to intervene in litigation seeking to roll back recently enacted reforms to the National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA).