The U.S. Chamber of Commerce's Americas Department positions its companies to succeed in the markets of the Western Hemisphere, providing unparalleled brand advancement and policy advocacy.
Our advocacy on trade agreements and trade facilitation, regulatory cooperation, regional infrastructure, border efficiencies, intellectual property, and rule of law serves the goals of:
- Securing market-opening free trade agreements.
- Defending intellectual property rights.
- Protecting investors.
- Promoting trade facilitation reforms.
- Securing the rule of law.
- Enhancing economic partnerships with Mexico and Canada.
- Highlighting the contribution of U.S. businesses to economic prosperity in the region.
Over 300 member companies actively participate in our Americas Task Force, which monitors regional developments and promotes hemispheric economic integration. The Task Force reports to the U.S. Chamber's International Policy Committee.