Welcome Message from the Chairman
As two of the world’s largest economies, the U.S. and Japan have a relationship that is very important to each other as well as to global trade and economic development. Both countries are leaders in innovation and technology, and U.S. and Japanese companies play a major role as investors in the Asia-Pacific region and around the world.
The U.S.-Japan Business Council (USJBC), an affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, is comprised of major U.S. companies that do business in Japan, and is the primary U.S.-based business organization that promotes strong economic ties between the two countries. Our core mission is to advance U.S.-Japan business and government ties, to identify and expand new opportunities, and to facilitate growth across sectors including digital economy, energy and infrastructure, financial services, healthcare innovation, travel, tourism, and transportation.
The USJBC has a strong track record of advocating for policies that have helped transform the U.S.-Japan economic relationship, resulting in a partnership between the two economies that is cooperative, constructive, and serves as a model for cross-border business relationships across the Asia-Pacific region and beyond. As Chairman of the USJBC, I look forward to building on the long history of the Council, and will strive to forge new opportunities for innovation and cooperation in ways that deliver growth and prosperity. I invite businesses of all sizes and sectors to join us to share your vision, leadership, and international business experience to further the Council’s mission and expand two-way American business, trade and investment with Japan.
Chuck Robbins is Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Cisco. He assumed chairmanship of the USJBC on November 4, 2016, following former USJBC chairman Dr. John Lechleiter, President, Chairman and CEO of Eli Lilly and Company.
|Charles D. Lake II|
President, Aflac InternationalChairman and Representative Director, Aflac Life Insurance Japan Ltd. Seiji KiyoharaPresident, International Consumer Services Japan & AsiaAmerican Express International Will Shaffer
President, Boeing JapanVice President, Boeing International
Alfonso "Chito" Zulueta
Myron A. Brilliant
Members (as of July 2020)
Eli Lilly and Company
Chairman's Circle Benefits include:
- Seat on the Council's Board of Directors and priority access to Council's leadership;
- Leadership role in setting the strategic direction of the U.S.-Japan Business Council;
- Customized advocacy counsel to resolve trade and commercial issues with Japan;
- Opportunity to chair a sector-specific Working Group and set sector-specific advocacy goals;
- Priority invitations and leadership opportunities for briefings, bilateral meetings and conferences, and exclusive programs with senior Japanese and U.S. government officials;
- All corporate membership benefits listed below.
Corporate Member Benefits include:
- Opportunities to engage in members-only events and trade missions;
- Input into Council policy position papers and reports;
- Participation in sector-specific working groups;
- Invitations to briefings, bilateral meetings and conferences;
- Increased visibility for company branding;
- Assistance with securing appointments for company executives visiting Japan; and,
- Networking through plenary meetings and briefings.
For information on joining the U.S.-Japan Business Council please contact Sonna Russo.