- An open and competitive global climate for investment around the world, including in the United States.
- Safeguards against inappropriate, market-distorting, government-led, or directed investment.
- National security reviews of investments that are conducted in a transparent, systematic, and expeditious manner, with a focus on strictly defined national security criteria.
- Elimination of preferential treatment, subsidies, or terms offered by governments that undermine an open, competitive marketplace for investment.
- Removal of inappropriate investment barriers on foreign ownership.
- Further development and promotion of additional U.S. bilateral investment treaties that include an investor-state dispute settlement mechanism.
Investment Policy Central is a center of excellence for accurate, fact-based information that supports an open investment climate globally and promotes increased understanding of the correlation between open investment flows and jobs, exports, innovation and economic growth in the U.S. economy.