Thursday, January 9, 2020 - 10:45am
The Chamber is committed to continue America’s long record of environmental improvement through promoting smart regulation and leveraging the business community’s drive for innovation.
In 2020, the Chamber will focus its efforts on the following:
Water Infrastructure and Water Policy
- Promote increased federal, state, and local investment in water infrastructure modernization, including through innovative funding approaches and mobilizing private capital.
- Encourage investments and promote policy solutions specifically focused on the needs of the agricultural sector, small communities, and small businesses, including improved access to rural water and sanitation.
- Increase technology innovation through a national program for collaborating and sharing best practices and promoting exports of water technologies, products, and services.
- Advance alternative compliance and innovation for stormwater management, including the importance of green infrastructure.
Climate Smart Action and Resilience
- Promote the Task Force on Climate Actions to engage our broad membership on the risks and opportunities of climate change to—
- Inform and contribute to the discussion of proposed climate change policies.
- Highlight business leadership in addressing greenhouse gas emissions reductions in business operations through investments and technology innovation.
- Facilitate climate resilient infrastructure, including water and watershed management, flood control, and drought response, through funding and policies to support predisaster mitigation and planning.
- Advance and support technology innovations and other solutions to mitigate and adapt to climate change.
- Support policies that enable flexibility and infrastructure to grow markets for recycling and recycled products, including addressing marine litter.