From shipping to staffing, the Chamber and its partners have the tools to save your business money and the solutions to help you run it more efficiently. Join the U.S. Chamber of Commerce today to start saving.
Transportation Performance Index
- White Paper: Economic Infrastructure: Building for Prosperity
- White Paper: Transportation Infrastructure: Paving the Way
- 2011 Update
- 2011 Technical Report
- 2010 Key Findings
- 2010 Summary Report
- 2010Technical Report
- Initiation Phase Report
Business Leaders Speak Out on Transportation Performance
- Read the Chamber’s press release
- Remarks by Thomas J. Donohue, President and CEO of the Chamber
- ASCE Transportation Index Statement
Through LRA, the Chamber is doing something unprecedented: Measuring how well transportation, energy, broadband, and water systems are meeting the demands of the nation, including businesses large and small, and then correlating the results to measures of U.S. economic performance.
This effort is called the Infrastructure Performance Index series and it is groundbreaking in three ways:
- Defines what businesses require of infrastructure to grow and succeed, not what government decides is important.
- Looks across four critical sectors of infrastructure – transportation, energy, broadband, and water – and considers their relationships.
- Correlates the way infrastructure performs to economic growth. Historically, calculations focused on expenditures, jobs, or local economic development.
The Transportation Performance Index is the first in the series that drives home the point that infrastructure performance matters to the economy and shapes an environment for action to improve it.