From shipping to staffing, the Chamber and its partners have the tools to save your business money and the solutions to help you run it more efficiently. Join the U.S. Chamber of Commerce today to start saving.
U.S. Chamber Awards 18 Local Chambers with Accreditation
WASHINGTON, D.C.—At its March board meeting, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce today awarded eighteen local chambers of commerce with accreditation for their sound policies, effective organizational procedures, and positive impact on their communities.
“Accreditation validates a chamber as having programs that benefit its local economy and positively influence its community,” said Raymond P. Towle, IOM, CAE, executive director of Political Affairs and Federation Relations. “We applaud these organizations for advancing the principles of free enterprise.”
The only program of its kind in the country, U.S. Chamber accreditation recognizes excellence in chamber planning and performance. To achieve accreditation, a chamber must demonstrate quality programs, clear organizational procedures, and effective communications by meeting minimum standards in its operations and programs, including areas of governance, government affairs, and technology.
Local and regional chambers are rated “Accredited” or “Accredited with 3, 4, or 5 Stars.” The final determination is made by the accrediting board, a committee of U.S. Chamber board members and chamber CEOs from across the country.
The following chambers of commerce received accreditation today:
Accredited with 5 Stars:
- Anchorage Chamber of Commerce, Anchorage, AK
- Fort Collins Area Chamber of Commerce, Fort Collins, CO
- Greater Hot Springs Chamber of Commerce, Hot Springs, AR
- Hanover Area Chamber of Commerce, Hanover, PA
- Manatee Chamber of Commerce, Bradenton, FL
- Melbourne Regional Chamber of East Central Florida, Melbourne, FL
- Plano Chamber of Commerce, Plano, TX
- San Clemente Chamber of Commerce, San Clemente, CA
- Simi Valley Chamber of Commerce, Simi Valley, CA
- St. Joseph Chamber of Commerce, St. Joseph, MO
- St. Joseph County Chamber of Commerce, South Bend, IN
Accredited with 4 Stars:
- Ardmore Chamber of Commerce, Ardmore, OK
- Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce, Boise, ID
- Greenville Chamber of Commerce, Greenville, SC
- Hurst Euless Bedford Chamber of Commerce, Bedford, TX
- Kerrville Area Chamber of Commerce, Kerrville, TX
Accredited with 3 Stars:
- San Diego Regional Chamber of Commerce, San Diego, CA
- Minot Area Chamber of Commerce, Minot, ND
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business federation representing the interests of more than 3 million businesses of all sizes, sectors, and regions, as well as state and local chambers and industry associations.