From shipping to staffing, the Chamber and its partners have the tools to save your business money and the solutions to help you run it more efficiently. Join the U.S. Chamber of Commerce today to start saving.
U.S. Chamber Awards 9 Local Chambers with Accreditation
WASHINGTON, D.C.—At its March board meeting, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce today awarded nine local chambers of commerce with accreditation for their sound policies, effective organizational procedures, and positive impact on their communities.
“Accreditation validates a chamber as having programs that benefit their local economy and positively influence their community,” said Raymond P. Towle, IOM, CAE, executive director of Political Affairs and Federation Relations. “We applaud these organizations for advancing the principles of American free enterprise.”
The only program of its kind in the country, U.S. Chamber accreditation recognizes excellence in chamber planning and performance. To receive accreditation, a chamber must demonstrate quality programs, clear organizational procedures, and effective communications by meeting minimum standards in its operations and programs, including areas of governance, government affairs, and technology.
Local and regional chambers are rated as “Accredited” or “Accredited with 3, 4, or 5 Stars.” The final determination is made by the Accrediting board, a committee of U.S. Chamber board members and chamber CEOs from across the country.
The following chambers of commerce received Accreditation today:
Accredited with 5 Stars:
- Lee’s Summit Chamber of Commerce, Lee’s Summit, MO
- Martinsville-Henry County Chamber of Commerce, Martinsville, VA
- McAllen Chamber of Commerce, McAllen, TX
- Northern Kentucky Chamber of Commerce, Ft. Mitchell, KY
- Shawnee Chamber of Commerce, Shawnee, KS
- South Shore Chamber of Commerce, Rockland, MA
Accredited with 4 Stars:
- Albert Lea-Freeborn County Chamber of Commerce, Albert Lea, MN
- Greater Chicopee Chamber of Commerce, Chicopee, MA
- Elgin Area Chamber of Commerce, Elgin, IL
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business federation representing the interests of more than 3 million businesses of all sizes, sectors, and regions, as well as state and local chambers and industry associations.