From shipping to staffing, the Chamber and its partners have the tools to save your business money and the solutions to help you run it more efficiently. Join the U.S. Chamber of Commerce today to start saving.
U.S. Chamber Awards Accreditation to 13 Local Chambers
WASHINGTON, D.C.—The U.S. Chamber of Commerce, at its board meeting today, awarded Accreditation to thirteen chambers of commerce for their sound policies, effective organizational procedures, and positive impact on their communities.
“Accreditation validates a chamber as having programs that benefit its local economy and positively influence its community,” said Raymond P. Towle, IOM, CAE, U.S. Chamber Vice President of Federation Relations and Institute for Organization Management. “We applaud these organizations for advancing the principles of free enterprise.”
The only program of its kind in the country, U.S. Chamber Accreditation recognizes excellence in chamber planning and performance. To achieve Accreditation, a chamber must demonstrate quality programs, clear organizational procedures, and effective communications by meeting minimum operation and program standards in the areas of governance, program development, government affairs, and technology.
Local and regional chambers are rated “Accredited,” “Accredited with 3 Stars,” “Accredited with 4 Stars,” or “Accredited with 5 Stars.” State chambers are rated “Accredited State Chamber,” or “Accredited State Chamber with Distinction.” The final determination is made by the accrediting board, a committee of U.S. Chamber board members and chamber CEOs from across the country.
The following chambers of commerce received Accreditation:
- Midland Chamber of Commerce, Midland, TX
Accredited with 3 Stars:
- Conroe / Lake Conroe Chamber of Commerce, Conroe, TX
- East Parker County Chamber of Commerce, Willow Park, TX
- Eastern Shore Chamber of Commerce, Daphne, AL
- Prescott Valley Chamber of Commerce, Prescott Valley, AZ
Accredited with 4 Stars:
- Calhoun County Chamber of Commerce, Anniston, AL
Accredited with 5 Stars:
- Christian County Chamber of Commerce, Hopkinsville, KY
- Dothan Area Chamber of Commerce, Dothan, AL
- Fayetteville Chamber of Commerce, Fayetteville, AR
- Greater Chambersburg Chamber of Commerce, Chambersburg, PA
- Greater La Porte Chamber of Commerce, La Porte, IN
- Rockport-Fulton Chamber of Commerce, Rockport, TX
Accredited State Chamber with Distinction:
- Pennsylvania Chamber of Business and Industry, Harrisburg, PA
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business federation representing the interests of more than 3 million businesses of all sizes, sectors, and regions, as well as state and local chambers and industry associations.