Summary of the Australia FTA agreement
Australia has completed three other FTAs - with Singapore, Thailand, and New Zealand. It is currently negotiating or considering trade agreements with China, Malaysia, Japan, the Gulf Co-operation States (which include Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates), and the Association of Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN) plus Australia and New Zealand FTA.
U.S. Exports to Australia
- Microsoft is the largest supplier of software in Australia.
- Australia is Caterpillar's second largest export market.
- GE aircraft engines power three-quarters of all commercial aircraft in the country.
- DuPont products are used on practically all of Australia's farms.
U.S. Investment in Australia
- Coca Cola is the number one supermarket brand in Australia.
- Chevron-Texaco operates an extensive retail gasoline network in the country.
- Mars accounts for two-thirds of Australia's confectionery exports.
- General Motors is the country's leading exporter of automotive products and services.