The Council’s mission is to promote a mutually beneficial economic relationship at the highest levels of business and government via advocacy, engagement, and communications.
The Council creates a unique platform for companies to engage with senior policymakers from the UK and U.S. governments as the UK develops its forward-looking regulatory and trade policy agenda and the bilateral economic partnership between our two countries evolves.
- Advance the interests of the business community as the UK considers its future regulatory framework
- Address specific commercial issues to encourage deeper trade and investment ties between the U.S. and the UK.
- Engage with the UK government as it negotiates new and revised trade agreements with additional partners.
- Advocate for the resumption of formal trade negotiations between the U.S. and the UK.
- Facilitate the implementation of the UK-EU Trade and Cooperation Agreement to provide for continued connectivity and prosperity across Europe.
The Council’s Program of Work
- Communication of policy priorities as the UK resets its domestic regulatory policy agenda and eventual U.S.-UK trade talks.
- Executive roundtables with visiting UK and U.S. officials in Washington.
- Senior executive delegation visits to London twice annually.
- Conferences focused on key policy issues including: market access, customs and trade facilitation, immigration and labor mobility, tax policy, regulatory cooperation, competition, intellectual property rights, and the digital economy.
- Building the case for an eventual U.S.-UK trade agreement.
- Finding mutually agreeable solutions to fully implement the UK-EU Trade and Cooperation Agreement and Northern Ireland Protocol.
- Flagging desired UK policy changes as it develops its independent trade and regulatory policy agenda.
Working Groups on a number of sector-specific priorities
- Digital Economy and Cybersecurity
- Life Sciences and Innovation
- Energy and Sustainability
- Tax Policy
Council members receive all program invitations and can join working groups. Members are encouraged to provide input into the Council’s advocacy and research agenda, and they receive regular updates and analysis about current events.
Board members receive all Council member benefits plus:
- Leadership role in defining the Council’s advocacy and research agenda.
- Priority access to events and exclusive access to small meetings with senior officials.
- Option to co-chair a Council working group.
For more information about the Council reach out to Garrett Workman.