The Strategic Advocacy division is comprised of several major policy divisions within the Chamber including theCyber, Space, and National Security Division; Economic Policy Division; Employment Policy Division; and Small Business Policy Division. Environmental Affairs and Sustainability, Health Policy, and Transportation and Infrastructure Policy are also under the umbrella of the Policy Group.
The division works closely with the Chamber's Congressional and Public Affairs and Political Affairs and Federation Relations divisions.
- Mar 03, 2017What Ancient China Can Teach Us About Trade
Perhaps China’s Ming Dynasty provides the greatest historical example of isolationism’s effects
- Mar 01, 2017Hill Letter to Rep. Walberg Supporting Introduction of H.R. 1004, the Regulatory Integrity Act
Dear Representative Walberg:
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce applauds you, as the original sponsor of H.R. 1004, the “Regulatory Integrity Act of 2017,” for your leadership on regulatory reform issues. The Regulatory Integrity Act would prevent federal agencies from improperly lobbying the public to support regulatory actions designed to expand the scope of an agency’s own authority. Agencies must be transparent, accountable, and fair in their regulatory actions.
- Mar 01, 2017Hill Letter to Sens. Blunt and King Supporting Introduction of the Regulatory Improvement Act
Dear Senators Blunt and King:
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce applauds you and the original cosponsors of the “Regulatory Improvement Act” for your leadership on regulatory reform issues. Moreover, we salute your collective efforts to ensure that regulatory reform is a bipartisan effort.
- Mar 01, 2017NLRB Still Dissecting the Employee Handbook
The first month of the Trump administration has delivered quite a few headlines. What has been less publicized, however, is the fact...
- Feb 28, 2017U.S. Chamber Praises Executive Order on Water Rule
Business Community Pleased to See “Federal Land Grab” Reconsidered
- Feb 28, 2017Getting Real with International Trade
As protectionist voices are again rising, a little perspective may help put America’s trade profile in context.
- Feb 28, 2017Key Vote letter supporting H.J. Res. 83, Disapproving the DOL Rule Relating to "Clarification of Employer's Continuing Obligation to Make and Maintain an Accurate Record of Each Recordable Injury and Illness"
This Key Vote Alert! supporting H.J. Res. 83, Disapproving the DOL Rule Relating to “Clarification of Employer's Continuing Obligation to Make and Maintain an Accurate Record of Each Recordable Injury and Illness,” also known as the Volks Rule, was sent to all Members of Congress.
- Feb 28, 2017Washington Examiner Op-ed: Restoring common sense to labor law
When it comes to policies unfavorable to employers, the last eight years were not a particularly good time for businesses, to put it mildly...