Center for Education and Workforce
The place for business leaders to tackle the most pressing education and workforce issues facing our country.
The U.S. Chamber Foundation's Center for Education and Workforce mobilizes the business community to be more engaged partners, challenge the status quo, and move education and workforce initiatives forward to fuel economic success.
- May 16, 2022TOOTRiS Is Reimagining the Childcare Industry by Making Care Available On-Demand
The San Diego small business is connecting parents across the nation with childcare providers in real-time and partnering with businesses to give their workforce childcare options.
- Apr 28, 2022Employer Guide to Childcare Assistance and Tax Credits
This guide provides detailed information on childcare tax credits and benefits options, and gives employers four things they can do to help their employees with childcare.
- Apr 27, 2022Data Deep Dive: A Decline of Women in the Workforce
Data show that women who left the labor force during the pandemic, often to take on childcare duties, have not yet returned.
- Mar 31, 2022Employer Roadmap: Childcare Solutions for Working Parents
Businesses have options for supporting working parents with their childcare needs. Here's how leaders can take action.
- Dec 14, 20215 Reasons People Are Changing Careers More Than Ever Before
A new U.S. Chamber poll shows 41% of people are looking to switch industries for their next job. But the reasons why they want to change careers aren’t what you might expect.
- Dec 08, 2021States Already Have Money for More Childcare Support, But They Can’t Give It to Families
Talk in Washington right now on childcare is all centered on the reconciliation bill, but states were given $39 billion for childcare as part of the American Rescue Plan that they are unable to use freely, leaving working parents without relief.
- Nov 23, 2021How Businesses Are Helping Solve Black Unemployment
Employment levels for Black Americans are up compared to where they were at the height of the pandemic, but they still lag those of other ethnic groups. Here’s how businesses are adapting their hiring and training practices to help solve Black unemployment
- Nov 22, 2021Why Businesses Are Taking on the Role of Educators
Tech companies like Amazon, IBM, and others are stepping in to upskill, reskill, and provide educational opportunities that have traditionally been the domain of four-year colleges and technical and vocational schools.
- Nov 10, 2021U.S. Chamber Foundation Receives More Than $6 Million to Help Solve America’s Workforce Challenges
The funding will support innovative workforce initiatives aimed at filling open jobs, closing the skills gap, and fueling America’s economic recovery
- Oct 24, 2021One Chart That Shows the Job Situation in Every State
According to the latest state employment data, only two states have grown employment since the pandemic started.