The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation helps the business community prepare for the future through events, research, and programs that educate the public about how the world is changing, and what those changes mean for employers, employees, and the broader community.
- Oct 07, 2021Americans Need 21st Century Government IT Systems
The recent TMF awards lacked any directed spending to address outdated or legacy systems within the federal government – that's a problem.
- Aug 18, 2021The Business Case for Criminal Justice Reform: Second Chance Hiring
This report explores the benefits to employers that hire formerly incarcerated individuals, identifies barriers to entry for those with criminal convictions, highlights programs and organizations working to break down these barriers, and discusses developments concerning state and federal legislation that supports second and fair chance hiring.
- Apr 27, 2021U.S. Chamber Foundation: Science Based Mask Guidance Offers Path Forward
Michael Carney, Senior Vice President, Emerging Issues, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation released the following statement today following President Biden’s remarks about the CDC new mask guidance.
- Jan 19, 2021U.S. Chamber Foundation, AmerisourceBergen Foundation and iHeartMedia Join Forces to Combat Opioid Crisis in Every State
Washington, D.C.—The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation, in partnership with the AmerisourceBergen Foundation and iHeartMedia, today launched Sharing Solutions: A Virtual Nationwide Tour to drive business-led solutions to the opioid epidemic as more than 40 states report increases in opioid-related mortality amid COVID-19.
- Jun 24, 2020U.S. Chamber Releases 'America’s Opportunity Gaps: By the Numbers' Examining Underlying Factors of Inequality for Black Americans, Americans of Color The U.S. Chamber of Commerce today published America’s Opportunity Gaps: By The Numbers, a compilation of research that documents the inequality of opportunity for Black Americans and people of color. Released the day before the Chamber’s National Summit on Equality of Opportunity, the report quantifies racial divides in six critical areas: education, employment, entrepreneurship, criminal justice, health, and wealth development.
- Jun 18, 2020Our Response to Europe’s AI Proposals
As the use of AI increases, so do conversations about its regulation. Check out our response to the European Commission's AI white paper.
- Jan 09, 2020Donohue: States Regulating National Policy Issues ‘Presents Challenges and Uncertainties for Business’
U.S. Chamber of Commerce CEO Tom Donohue warned today in his State of American Business speech that an emerging patchwork of state regulations on national economic issues presents challenges and uncertainties for business.
- Nov 14, 2017C_TEC Submits Comments to NHTSA on Automated Driving Systems: A Vision for Safety
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s ("NHTSA") recently issued Notice and Request for Comments on Automated Driving Systems: A Vision for Safety (the "Voluntary Guidance") advances the dialogue on the appropriate national framework to facilitate the investment and innovation necessary for U.S. companies to claim a leadership role in this new era of transportation. The U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s Technology Engagement Center ("C_TEC") welcomes the opportunity to provide input to NHTSA on this important topic.