Small Business Index
The quarterly MetLife and U.S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business Index found that concern for inflation among small business owners has reached a new high. The vast majority (90%) of small businesses say they are concerned about the impact of inflation on their business.
Celebrating Small Business: The Dream Big Awards
Start. Run. Grow. Week - October 18, 2022
The Dream Big Award winners will be announced at the CO— Start. Run. Grow. Week, a celebration of the challenges and achievements of small business owners across the country. We’ll connect you with your peers to share real-world strategies on some of the most complex issues facing small businesses. Additionally, we will bring in subject-area experts who will help you gain fresh insights on the ever-shifting economy, and share ideas about leadership, management, and resilience as a small business owner.
OnDemand Highlights: Global Aerospace Summit
The American Data Privacy and Protection Act needs to provide certainty to businesses and consumers, not a confusing new patchwork.
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce measures our success by what we deliver for you—our members. We believe in the power of the American business community to improve lives, solve problems, and strengthen society—and for 110 years, we have helped you do it.
How Inflation Is Impacting Businesses
U.S. and Mexican Business Leaders’ Input on the Upcoming U.S.-Mexico High-Level Economic Dialogue
The business community on both sides of the border supports the U.S.-Mexico High-Level Economic Dialogue (HLED) to ensure the most competitive North America possible.
By Guillermo Vogel
Indo-Pacific Economic Flourishing? Making a Success of IPEF
By John G. Murphy
Why the U.S.-Chile Tax Treaty Should be Ratified Immediately
By John G. Murphy
- Security and Resilience
Public-Private Collaboration on Display at Israel Cyber Week
By Christophe Blassiau
Deep Dives on Workforce Data
- Americans Deserve a Transparent and Accountable FTCThe Federal Trade Commission’s (FTC) recent actions are alarming and pose a serious threat to our economy.
- America Works InitiativeWe are calling on elected officials and the federal and state level to take immediate action to help address this national economic crisis.
- Equality of Opportunity InitiativeThe EOI agenda advances real solutions through private sector initiatives, and policy advocacy at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Antitrust Laws: Promoting Competition and Free MarketsCritically important but commonly misunderstood, antitrust laws are meant to promote competition and protect consumers. Here’s everything you need to know.
We Work for You
The U.S. Chamber of Commerce is the world’s largest business organization. Our members range from the small businesses and chambers of commerce across the country that support their communities, to the leading industry associations and global corporations that innovate and solve for the world’s challenges, to the emerging and fast-growing industries that are shaping the future. For all of the businesses we represent, the Chamber is an advocate, partner, and network, helping them improve society and people’s lives.
Join the largest community of business leaders in the world. Together, we'll work for government policies that help you run and grow your business, eliminate bureaucratic barriers, and strengthen America’s economy. You'll also gain access to the latest intelligence on issues that are shaping the nation, premier events for entrepreneurs, and webinars, guides, and other resources to help you grow your business.
- InternationalInSTEP: The Ongoing Russia-Ukraine Conflict and Geopolitical ImplicationsMonday, October 0304:00 PM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
- Health CareHealth ForwardTuesday, October 0401:00 PM EDT - 03:00 PM EDT
- FinanceProlific Regulation: Examining SEC Rulemaking Under the Biden AdministrationThursday, October 0611:00 AM EDT - 11:30 AM EDT
- TechnologyInformation and news for businesses about the latest advances in technology.
- WorkforceInformation on how businesses can adapt their workforce development and management strategies to deal with the changing labor market.
- Supply ChainInformation and news about the latest developments in the global supply chain.
- Sep 29, 2022Data Deep Dive: How Government Benefits Programs Are Contributing to the Labor Shortage
As businesses continue to grapple with a national workforce shortage, a flawed government benefits framework is one of many factors keeping Americans on the sidelines of the labor force.
- Sep 29, 2022In Her Own Words: Kathleen Coulombe, American Council of Life Insurers VP and Women in Government Relations President
In September, we are highlighting Hispanic Heritage month in a conversation with Kathleen Coulombe, Vice President of Retirement Security & Principal Deputy Federal Relations, American Council of Life Insurers, and Women in Government Relations (WGR) President.
- Sep 28, 2022We Can’t Stand Still: Why America Must Lead on Trade
It’s been a decade since the U.S added to the list of 20 countries where we have trade agreements in force. Meanwhile, other economies are racing to ink new trade deals. Here's why America can't stand still when it comes to trade.
- Sep 28, 2022U.S. Chamber Endorses Dr. Mehmet Oz for U.S. Senate
- Sep 28, 202230 Million American Businesses Face New Reporting Burderns Under New Rule
The Financial Crimes Enforcement Network's beneficial ownership rule fails to strike the balance between new reporting costs for law-abiding businesses and providing useful information to law enforcement.
- Sep 27, 2022U.S. Chamber Announces New Head of U.S.-Japan Business Council
Tomoko Hosaka Mullaney to lead the U.S.-Japan Business Council
- Sep 27, 2022U.S. Chamber Remains Committed to Permitting Reform
Following Chairman Manchin’s decision to remove permitting reform from consideration of the Continuing Resolution, U.S. Chamber of Commerce Executive Vice President and Chief Policy Officer Neil Bradley issued the following statement.