Organized retail theft rates have spiked significantly in the past year, impacting communities across the nation.
These crimes are not the work of your average shoplifters stealing a small amount for personal use, but the work of criminal groups stealing for greed, often employing violence to steal as much as possible for as big a payoff as possible.
Please join us for a social media day of action November 7, 2022, to bring awareness to retail crime and press local, state, and federal policymakers for action to combat it.
Click here to learn more about the Chamber’s work on retail crime.
Sample Social Media Posts
- According to @USChamber, 56% of small retailers report an increase in retail crime in 2021. It's time policymakers take action to protect small businesses and #StopRetailCrime. Learn more: https://www.uschamber.com/sb-retail-crime
- According to the @USChamber, half of small retailers say retail crime has gotten worse over the past year, & 46% report being forced to increase their prices to cope. Learn more on how we #StopRetailTheft: https://www.uschamber.com/sb-retail-crime
- Small businesses owners are fed up with rising retail crime. Support small businesses. #StopRetailCrime. Learn more: https://uschamber.com/retailtheft
- No store should ever have to close because of theft. We stand with the @USChamber in their call to #StopRetailCrime Learn more: https://uschamber.com/retailtheft
- Store owners, employees, and customers should not have to live in fear. Organized retail crime is a national crisis impacting communities across the nation. We call on policymakers to step up and #StopRetailCrime. Learn more: https://uschamber.com/retailtheft
- From big retailers to mom-and-pop shops, organized retail crime affects businesses large and small—and it's on the rise. Stand with the @USChamber as we fight to #StopRetailTheft. Learn more: https://uschamber.com/retailtheft
- The holiday season is around the corner and according to @USChamber, 53% of small retailers say their businesses experience more shoplifting or theft during this time. Lawmakers must take action to protect our small businesses and #StopRetailCrime. More: https://uschamber.com/retailtheft
Several graphics are included below for your use on social media. Feel free to also use some of our sample social media posts above to make your voice heard in the fight to #StopRetailCrime.
How to use the blue graphic
Make your voice heard
- Print out the blue flyer graphic
- Snap a picture in front of your business
- Tag @USChamber on Twitter and Instagram.