Serve. Grow. Innovate. Excel.
At the U.S. Chamber, you'll be part of an experienced, spirited, and forward-thinking team that enables us to be the guardians of businesses, industries, and governments when what they need most is resolute direction and guidance.
This means a chance to make a real difference.
Our talented staff includes professionals with skills and expertise from diverse backgrounds, which ensures access to the brightest minds, most influential people, and the opportunity to grow, no matter where you are in your career.
Current Job Openings
Benefits at the U.S. Chamber
We understand that our success is tied to the strength, efforts, and well-being of our staff. We believe in supporting our employees in any way we can. Our benefits package is comprehensive, always evolving, competitive in the marketplace, and designed to support the changing needs of our employees and their families.
- Medical BenefitsEmployees have a choice between two comprehensive medical plans. Depending on the plan chosen, the U.S. Chamber subsidizes coverage or contributes to a Health Savings Account.
- Dental BenefitsThe U.S. Chamber offers two dental plans, covering all aspects of preventive and major care, including partial coverage of orthodontia for both children and adults.
- Vision BenefitsBasic vision coverage for exams is available through either of the two medical plans. For those who desire more comprehensive coverage, a stand-alone vision plan offers coverage for exams and eyewear.
- Time OffThe U.S. Chamber offers generous paid time off, including up to 6 weeks of personal leave based on years of credited service, 2 weeks of sick leave, disability and parental leave paid at 100% of salary, paid holidays, and more.
- Retirement PlanThe U.S. Chamber’s 401(k) plan allows employees to set aside money for their retirement. The U.S. Chamber contributes a 4% match, as well as an additional discretionary contribution based on years of service. Employees also have access to a financial planner through in-person or virtual one-on-one consultations to help meet their retirement goals.
- Family Support ResourcesAccess to in-home and in-center backup child and elder care is available through Bright Horizons at a nominal fee for when normal care arrangements are interrupted. Also, employees have free access to SitterCity where they can find nannies, babysitters, pet sitters, housekeepers, and more to help juggle life’s myriad responsibilities.
Join the U.S. Chamber for an outstanding and substantive internship program for the nation’s best and brightest young leaders. Interns receive a hands-on, meaningful work experience designed to meet their academic and career goals in the center of Washington, D.C.
Next-Gen Scholars Program
The U.S. Chamber offers the Next-Gen Scholars Program, which contributes to the development of the next generation of business leaders. The program offers internships that introduce students from historically black colleges and universities and minority-serving institutions to the world of business, public policy, government affairs, and advocacy.
At the U.S. Chamber, we hold ourselves to the highest standards
Our Shared Purpose helps the business community stimulate economic growth and create jobs that support innovation. Under this banner, everything we do is to serve a great and worthy mission. Our strong values, which include commitment, accountability, partnership, and integrity, guide every decision as we strive to help American businesses of all sizes thrive.
The Chamber houses unparalleled talent under one roof and provides engagement opportunities for its employees. From a coffee pop-up to a Chamber-wide team retreat, there are a number of activities throughout the year to interact with and learn from my peers.— Tatiana Bowe, Executive Assistant
With 95% of the world’s consumers living outside of the U.S., the work of our International Division is indispensable for U.S. businesses of all sizes that are looking to grow globally. I’m proud to contribute to a team that values diverse public policy backgrounds, skill sets, and creative problem solving and works on behalf of our members.— Kendra Gaither, Vice President, Africa Division
In the Chamber’s regional offices, we have the pleasure of working closely with each region’s members of Congress, business and association members, and state and local chambers of commerce.— Moore Hallmark, Vice President, Regional Affairs and Advocacy
Recognizing employees who embody our values
Shared Purpose Awards
Our annual Shared Purpose Awards celebrate the why of our work and recognize employees who embody our values of commitment, accountability, partnership, and integrity. The finalists, who are nominated by their colleagues, are evaluated by a panel of judges and selected based on their outstanding achievements.
Embracing a culture of service and inclusion
At the U.S. Chamber, we have a strong belief that we exist to serve others—and that includes the communities in which we live and work. Throughout the year, Chamber employees make an impact on the lives of others through volunteer opportunities. Our signature annual employee event, A Week of Service, engages all employees in serving their local communities.
Employee Resource Groups
We support and empower employee resource groups (ERGs), which are open to all, so that like-minded employees can build stronger internal communities.
- Working ParentsThe Working Parents group supports all types of families through all phases of parenthood by providing resources, guidance, and encouragement from peers.
- Chamber PrideThe Chamber Pride group promotes an inclusive community for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer/questioning, and ally employees. Chamber Pride is a visible, accessible resource for employees who identify as LGBTQ+ and provides networking, educational, and social opportunities for LGBTQ+ employees and allies.
- Equality of OpportunityThe Equality of Opportunity group serves as a resource to promote and embed a culture where employees feel valued and heard, regardless of race, creed, and ethnicity. The group empowers employees to promote diversity and equity by building an inclusive environment where everyone feels comfortable bringing their whole self to the organization.
American businesses serve people, solve problems, and save lives. They create jobs—and with them, opportunity, security, and prosperity—in communities across the country. This is hard work, with many uncertainties and obstacles, but America’s job creators get up and do it every day because they believe in the power of business to be a force for good in our society.
At the U.S. Chamber, we get up every day to help them do it. The government plays a role too. With the right decisions, our leaders help, rather than hinder, business-led growth.
That’s why we fight for the policies we need to help businesses lead our economy out of the worst downturn since the Great Depression and fight against the crippling partisanship that stymies progress. Businesses need the right regulatory environment, trade agenda, legal system, workforce policies, and rules for the modern economy to drive the growth that will lift our country and help our people.
Our job is to help them get it. Join us and make a difference.