Combating climate change requires citizens, governments, and businesses to work together. Inaction is simply not an option. American businesses play a vital role in creating innovative solutions and reducing greenhouse gases to protect our planet. A challenge of this magnitude requires collaboration, not confrontation, to advance the best ideas and policies. Together, we can forge solutions that improve our environment and grow our economy—leaving the world better for generations to come.
Read these first
- 4 Climate Innovations Led By BusinessBusinesses are investing in blue hydrogen, direct air capture, and other climate technologies to build a more sustainable future.
- How America Can Support and Grow the 'Hydrogen Economy'As climate challenges continue to shape the way companies innovate, the hydrogen economy has grown and has proven to be a viable source of energy.
- How Public-Private Partnerships Can Advance Climate ActionPrivate-public partnerships are essential for the U.S. to meet its climate action objectives and improve the nation’s energy management.
The U.S. Chamber believes that there is much common ground on which all sides of this discussion could come together to address climate change with policies that are practical, flexible, predictable, and durable. We believe in a policy approach that is supported by market-based solutions, developed through bipartisan legislation in Congress, and acknowledges the costs of action and inaction and the competitiveness of the U.S. economy. We work with policymakers to forge climate solutions and engage in the United Nations COP on behalf of the business community.
Energy innovation and sustainability experts share how businesses can work together to address climate change.
Small business advice from CO—
- Nov 19, 20214 Takeaways from the UN COP26 Climate Conference A focus on nuclear energy, methane, and other key issues for business leaders to know about following the UN COP26 Climate Conference.
- Nov 10, 2021Phasing Down HFCs and Cracking Down on Illegal Trade is Critical to Reducing Greenhouse Gas Emissions The U.S. will take to steps to detect and prevent the illegal trade in HFCs.
- Nov 03, 2021Here’s What’s Happening at the UN Climate Conference Chamber experts are on the ground in Glasgow tracking announcements, updates, and developments at COP26.
- Oct 28, 2021What to Expect from the UN Climate Change Conference Business, government, and environmental leaders from all over the world will meet in Glasgow, Scotland, next week for this year’s UN Climate Change conference. Here’s what they’ll be talking about.
- Oct 27, 2021The Chamber’s Climate Position: ‘Inaction is Not an Option’ The climate is changing, humans are contributing to these changes, and inaction is not an option.
- Oct 20, 20214 Climate Innovations Led By Business Businesses are investing in blue hydrogen, direct air capture, and other climate technologies to build a more sustainable future.
- Oct 11, 2021Genentech Sees Action on Climate as Action on Health Genentech is a biotechnology company dedicated to pursuing groundbreaking science to discover and develop medicines for people with serious and life-threatening diseases. As such, the company understands that the climate crisis and the health of its patients and business are inextricably linked.