With Americans living longer, healthier, and more active lives, retirement planning and saving are more important than ever. Through employer-sponsored retirement plans, businesses can provide benefits to help support the long-term financial security of their employees.
The aging population is one of the largest demographics in the U.S. and accounts for a number of economic shifts. Here are four ways aging is changing in light of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The U.S. Chamber works to make it easier for employers to provide retirement plans and financial wellness programs for their employees. Working closely with leaders on Capitol Hill and key federal agencies, we advocate for legislation and regulations that ease administrative burdens and promote innovation in plans and services.
Small business advice from CO—
- EconomyPanel Discussion: Confronting Organized Retail CrimeThursday, July 1403:30 PM EDT - 04:45 PM EDT
- Climate Change11th Annual Building Resilience Through Private-Public Partnerships ConferenceThursday, July 28 - Friday, July 2909:00 AM EDT - 01:00 PM EDT
- SpaceU.S. Chamber of Commerce Global Aerospace SummitWednesday, September 14 - Thursday, September 1502:00 PM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
- Jun 21, 2022Coalition Letter on the Enhancing American Retirement Now (EARN) Act
This Coalition Letter was sent to Members of the Senate Committee on Finance on the Enhancing American Retirement Now (EARN) Act.
- Jun 13, 2022Coalition Letter on S. 4353, the RISE and SHINE Act
This Coalition Letter was sent to Members of the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions on S. 4353, the Retirement Improvement and Savings Enhancement to Supplement Healthy Investments for the Nest Egg Act (RISE and SHINE Act).
- May 18, 2022U.S. Chamber Letter on “The Employee and Retiree Access to Justice Act of 2022”
This Hill letter was sent to Members of the House Committee on Education and Labor opposing Title VII “The Employee and Retiree Access to Justice Act of 2022” of H.R. 7780 “Mental Health Matters.”
- Mar 29, 2022U.S. Chamber Letter on H.R. 2954, the "Securing a Strong Retirement Act of 2022"
This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives, on H.R. 2954, the "Securing a Strong Retirement Act of 2022."