There are more than 30 million small businesses in the U.S., employing nearly half of the entire American workforce. Through their resilience, drive, and creativity, these small businesses fuel the American economy. They build careers, power innovations, and serve communities across the country.
Technology and Small Business
Report finds that technology is a driver of economic success for small businesses and that policymakers must encourage an environment that enables all businesses to succeed with digital tools.
Read these first
- Inflation Creating ‘Perfect Storm’ of Challenges for Small BusinessesSmall business owners across the nation say the effects of inflation are hitting the service industry hard.
- Five Years of Insights: What We've Learned from the Small Business IndexThe MetLife and U.S. Chamber Small Business Index celebrates five years this quarter, Q2 2022. We take a look at its highs and lows, major trends, and what the future holds for small businesses.
- 4 Small Business Owners Explain What They Need from GovernmentThe U.S. Chamber’s Bill of Rights is helping America’s small businesses explain their perspectives to elected officials on what is needed to create an environment where small business can thrive.
The Chamber’s Small Business Council supports and fights for policies that keep Main Street businesses thriving and workforce vibrant. This includes advocating for a tax and regulatory environment that helps—not hurts—small business owners to create jobs and serve our communities and economy.
In CO–’s inaugural Start. Run. Grow event, four entrepreneurs share success stories and challenges to encourage future leaders to start their own businesses.
Small business advice from CO—
- Environment and SustainabilitySustainability and Circular Economy Summit 2022Tuesday, October 1109:00 AM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
- Small BusinessCO— Start. Run. Grow. WeekTuesday, October 18 - Thursday, October 2012:00 PM EDT - 01:00 PM EDT
- International4th Annual Transatlantic Business Works SummitThursday, November 1009:00 AM EST - 12:15 PM EST
- Sep 21, 2022
This quarter, the MetLife and U.S. Chamber Small Business Index found that small businesses’ concern about inflation has reached the highest level since Q3 of last year.