Small businesses employ nearly half the entire American workforce and represent 43.5% of America’s GDP. As we have for over a century, the U.S. Chamber represents the full spectrum of the American business community. And like America, where most businesses are small businesses, the vast majority of our members—90%—are small businesses and state and local chambers of commerce.
How The Chamber Advocates for Small Business
The U.S. Chamber urges Congress to enact the “Main Street Tax Certainty Act,” which would make the 20% pass-through deduction permanent.
Elderly Instruments CEO and Co-Owner Lillian Werbin opened State of America Business 2024. Learn more about the business.
The U.S. Chamber's annual summit and award recognizes entrepreneurs and honors America's Top Small Businesses.
Stand Up for Free Enterprise
Join us and become a part of our movement to save the system that will secure our collective future.
Your voice is essential, and your participation is critical.
Showcase: Innovative Small Businesses
Read these first
- Small Business Weekly ForecastEvery week the U.S. Chamber's Vice President of Small Business Policy Tom Sullivan summarizes the latest data and what it means for the health of America's small businesses.
- How Small Business Owners Can Navigate Inflation and High Interest RatesFinance expert and small business owner Stephanie Sims says now is the time to take a deep look into your small business’ finances and prepare for economic uncertainty.
- Small Business Data CenterLearn about small businesses’ contributions to the economy and the unique challenges they face.
The Chamber’s Prompt Pay Pledge is asking companies to pay small business suppliers and vendors faster. Our VP of Small Business Policy explains why it’s important for the economy.
A district attorney discusses the impact of rising retail crime and how entrepreneurs can keep their businesses and customers safe.
Become a part of the world’s largest business organization and network
U.S. Chamber members range from small businesses and chambers of commerce across the country to startups in fast-growing sectors, leading industry associations, and global corporations.
Discover the ROI Chamber membership can deliver for you.
The Chamber’s Small Business Council supports and fights for policies that keep Main Street businesses thriving and workforce vibrant. This includes advocating for a tax and regulatory environment that helps—not hurts—small business owners to create jobs and serve our communities and economy.
- RetirementSmall Business Retirement SummitTuesday, February 2709:00 AM EST - 05:30 PM EST
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion14th Annual International Women’s Day ForumWednesday, February 2808:00 AM EST - 05:30 PM EST
- Security and Resilience13th Annual Building Resilience ConferenceWednesday, May 15 - Friday, May 1708:00 AM EDT - 03:00 PM EDT
Every week the U.S. Chamber's Vice President of Small Business Policy Tom Sullivan summarizes the latest data and what it means for the health of America's small businesses.
The Slone Group (TSG) helps companies design workplaces with welcoming cultures where team members feel respected, valued, and heard.
This Statement for the Record was sent to the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives' Committees on Small Business
This Valentine's Day is brought to you by small businesses like Chocolate Chocolate, a four-decade-old family business in Washington, D.C.
Small businesses in Las Vegas are stepping up to ensure Super Bowl LVIII goes off without a hitch for players, spectators, and fans across the nation.
A record-breaking 5.5 million new business applications were filed in 2023. We’re tracking the entrepreneurship surge in every state across the country.
This Coalition letter was sent to the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives' Committees on Small Business and of the Judiciary, supporting reform in implementation of the Regulatory Flexibility Act.
Lillian Werbin, whose Elderly Instruments won America’s Top Small Business 2023, reflects on the path to success and giving back.
With tax filing season starting today, it is imperative that Congress act now to avoid further negative impacts to American businesses.
Owners TJ and Hadley Douglas were named America's Top Small Business in 2021 and sit on the Chamber's Small Business Council. The expansion builds on their mission to make the wine industry more accessible.