There are more than 30 million small businesses in the U.S., employing nearly half of the entire American workforce. Through their resilience, drive, and creativity, these small businesses fuel the American economy. They build careers, power innovations, and serve communities across the country.
Watch it again
See government officials and business leaders—including those representing small and medium-sized enterprises—from the U.S. and across the hemisphere meet to drive innovative, practical solutions for a brighter future across the Americas. This is the official private sector forum of the IX Summit of the Americas, in partnership with the U.S. Department of State.
Read these first
- Report: What Small Businesses Are Offering Now to Find and Keep WorkersThe newest Small Business Index with MetLife shows 37% of small businesses surveyed plan to increase staff this year. To attract workers amid a shortage of talent, small businesses are offering new benefits and opportunities to recruit and retain workers.
- Spiraling Inflation Is Small Businesses’ Top Concern According to New SurveyInflation is, by far, the top concern for small businesses in early 2022, according to new data from a MetLife & U.S. Chamber of Commerce report.
- How This Small Business Is Finding Workers in a Tight Job MarketWyoming Machine is offering flexible work schedules, a benefit rarely seen in manufacturing, to attract and retain talent during the worker shortage.
The Chamber’s Small Business Council supports and fights for policies that keep Main Street businesses thriving and workforce vibrant. This includes advocating for a tax and regulatory environment that helps—not hurts—small business owners to create jobs and serve our communities and economy.
In CO–’s inaugural Start. Run. Grow event, four entrepreneurs share success stories and challenges to encourage future leaders to start their own businesses.
Small business advice from CO—
- EconomyPanel Discussion: Confronting Organized Retail CrimeThursday, July 1403:30 PM EDT - 04:45 PM EDT
- Climate Change11th Annual Building Resilience Through Private-Public Partnerships ConferenceThursday, July 28 - Friday, July 2909:00 AM EDT - 01:00 PM EDT
- SpaceU.S. Chamber of Commerce Global Aerospace SummitWednesday, September 14 - Thursday, September 1502:00 PM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
- Jun 29, 2022Q+A with Justin Nelson, Co-Founder and President of the NGLCC
Justin Nelson, the Co-Founder & President of the National LGBT Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC), tells us why a successful economy starts with a diverse and inclusive business community.
- Jun 29, 2022Five Years of Insights: What We've Learned from the Small Business Index
The MetLife and U.S. Chamber Small Business Index celebrates five years this quarter, Q2 2022. We take a look at its highs and lows, major trends, and what the future holds for small businesses.
- Jun 29, 2022Inflation Concerns Soar Among Small Business Owners, But Many Remain Optimistic for Future
Nearly 7 in 10 small businesses have raised prices to cope with inflation
- Jun 16, 20224 Small Business Owners Explain What They Need from Government to Navigate Uncertainty
The U.S. Chamber’s Bill of Rights is helping America’s small businesses explain their perspectives to elected officials on what is needed to create an environment where small business can thrive.
- Jun 09, 2022Small Business Owners Broadly Support Businesses Taking Action to Ensure LGBTQ+ Inclusion, New Poll Finds
72% say they are okay with losing customers as a result of supporting the LGBTQ+ community
- Jun 09, 2022Special Report on Small Business & LGBTQ+ Inclusion
Most U.S. small business owners believe it is important to support the LGBTQ+ community and take action to ensure inclusion, according to the latest MetLife and U.S. Chamber of Commerce small business survey.
- Jun 06, 2022U.S. Chamber Letter on the JOBS Act 4.0
This Hill letter was sent to Members of the Senate Committee on Banking, Housing, and Urban Affairs, on the “Jumpstart our Business Startups Act 4.0 of 2022.”
- May 03, 2022U.S. Chamber Calls on Congress to Support Small Business Growth
Five principles in the Small Business ‘Bill of Rights’ outline what small businesses need from government