Small Business Policy
The Small Business Policy team formulates small business policy and assists small business members in creating effective grassroots actions and strategies on legislative, regulatory and international initiatives.
The Small Business Policy team manages the Small Business Council, the U.S. Chamber’s principal policy committee and action group representing the issues of concern to small business. In addition to formulating small business policy, the council assists in creating strategies on legislative, regulatory and international initiatives. The group is able to bring to the Chamber’s Board of Directors attention issues they regard as important or comment on the small business impact of policy being formulated by other Chamber standing policy committees.
- Oct 21, 2021The Urban Grape Wins 2021 ‘Dream Big’ Small Business of the Year Urban Grape’s innovative business strategy, rapid growth, and commitment to community development stood out among this year’s nominees.
- Oct 13, 2021Meet the Finalists: Green/Sustainable Business Achievement Award The Green/Sustainable Business Achievement Award recognizes a small business focused on sustainability as a key part of their business
- Oct 13, 2021Supporting Local Chambers Means Supporting Local Businesses Local Chambers of Commerce are our nation’s strongest small business advocates, providing a voice for thousands of communities across America. When businesses succeed, communities succeed, and local chambers are there every step of the way empowering businesses to grow and thrive even in the most challenging of circumstances. That’s why the U.S. Chamber of Commerce is proud to celebrate “Support Your Local Chamber Day” on October 20th.
- Sep 29, 2021Meet the Finalists: Young Entrepreneur Achievement Award This award goes to a small business owner aged between 14 and 30 who has attained outstanding business achievement.
- Sep 16, 2021The State of Small Business Now Here’s what you need to know about the state of small businesses in America and how to support the small business community.
- Sep 15, 2021Meet the 2021 Dream Big Finalists: Community Support and Leadership Award The U.S. Chamber of Commerce’s annual Dream Big Awards, presented by Spectrum Reach, celebrate the achievements of small businesses and honors their contributions to America’s economic growth.
- Sep 14, 2021Small Business Owners More Cautious About Future Plans as Delta Variant Cases Rise, New Poll Shows WASHINGTON, D.C. — With the Delta variant causing a rise in COVID-19 cases, small business owners are showing increasing caution when it comes to future plans for hiring and investing in their business, according to a poll taken July 16 – 30, 2021, and released today by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce and MetLife.
- Sep 13, 2021New Poll Shows Small Businesses Turning More Cautious The Q3 2021 MetLife and U.S. Chamber of Commerce Small Business Index (SBI) finds that small business owners are increasingly cautious.