Small Business Policy
The Small Business Policy team formulates small business policy and assists small business members in creating effective grassroots actions and strategies on legislative, regulatory and international initiatives.
The Small Business Policy team manages the Small Business Council, the U.S. Chamber’s principal policy committee and action group representing the issues of concern to small business. In addition to formulating small business policy, the council assists in creating strategies on legislative, regulatory and international initiatives. The group is able to bring to the Chamber’s Board of Directors attention issues they regard as important or comment on the small business impact of policy being formulated by other Chamber standing policy committees.
- Aug 02, 2022New Study Shows Technology Platforms Critical to Small Business Growth
Small businesses that utilize technology platforms are outperforming their peers and are more optimistic about the future.
- Aug 01, 2022It’s the Worst Possible Time to Consider Raising Taxes on Small Businesses
Additional taxes cut into a small business’s needed cash reserves—the No. 1 source of funding for small businesses and entrepreneurs during challenging times.
- Aug 01, 2022California’s Independent Contractor Law Worsens the Supply Chain Crisis
As the nation endures an ongoing supply chain crisis, the situation has become much direr thanks to a disastrous California law.
- Jul 13, 2022Coalition Letter Opposing a Small Business Tax Increase
This Coalition letter was sent by the Associated General Contractors, opposing a potential expansion of the 3.8 percent Net Investment Income Tax (NIIT) to include the incomes of S corporations and partnerships where the owners actively manage the business. This increase would specifically target small and family-owned Main Street businesses.
- Jul 06, 2022The Need for an Entrepreneurial Revolution
Testimony by U.S. Chamber Vice President of Small Business Policy Tom Sullivan before the International Council for Small Business World Congress on July 6, 2022.
- Jun 29, 2022Five Years of Insights: What We've Learned from the Small Business Index
The MetLife and U.S. Chamber Small Business Index celebrates five years this quarter, Q2 2022. We take a look at its highs and lows, major trends, and what the future holds for small businesses.
- Jun 29, 2022Inflation Concerns Soar Among Small Business Owners, But Many Remain Optimistic for Future
Nearly 7 in 10 small businesses have raised prices to cope with inflation
- Jun 16, 20224 Small Business Owners Explain What They Need from Government to Navigate Uncertainty
The U.S. Chamber’s Bill of Rights is helping America’s small businesses explain their perspectives to elected officials on what is needed to create an environment where small business can thrive.
- Jun 09, 2022Small Business Owners Broadly Support Businesses Taking Action to Ensure LGBTQ+ Inclusion, New Poll Finds
72% say they are okay with losing customers as a result of supporting the LGBTQ+ community
- Jun 09, 2022Special Report on Small Business & LGBTQ+ Inclusion
Most U.S. small business owners believe it is important to support the LGBTQ+ community and take action to ensure inclusion, according to the latest MetLife and U.S. Chamber of Commerce small business survey.