Corporate Social Responsibility
Businesses everywhere are driving inclusive growth that lifts countries, communities, and people. Because people know what a job means to a family and to a strong community, the public trusts business above all other institutions in America. We believe in the power of American enterprise, human ingenuity, and business innovation to lead solutions that are practical, sustainable, and profitable.
Read these first
- U.S. Businesses Lead COVID-19 Relief Efforts Across the GlobeAs different countries across the world continue to feel the devastating effects of the pandemic, U.S. businesses, working in partnership with governments, are leading the charge to provide much-needed assistance to countries facing surges in COVID-19 cases.
- 3 Ways Businesses Can Address Climate Change and Support SustainabilityEnergy innovation and sustainability experts shared how businesses can work together to address climate change.
- How Businesses and Governments Can Address Forced Labor in Supply ChainsThe government and the business community must work together to detect and address forced labor in global supply chains. Here's what they can do now.
How diversity, equity, and inclusion can benefit businesses and communities across America.
The U.S. Chamber advocates for policies that allow businesses to thrive and have a positive impact on our society. We build relationships among employers, communities, and governments to empower businesses to lead change. When businesses succeed, they support employees through steady employment and financial security. They invest in communities, respond to disasters, invent new technologies, solve global challenges, and more.
Business leaders share their insights on how the private sector can respond to and solve crisis situations around the world.
Small business advice from CO—
- InternationalVirtual InSTEP Discussion: UN Ambassador Linda Thomas-GreenfieldThursday, January 2004:00 PM EST - 04:45 PM EST
- FinanceTecTalk with Representatives Gerry Connolly and Darrell IssaThursday, January 2004:00 PM EST - 04:45 PM EST
- Climate ChangeBuilding Momentum to COP27: Public-Private Collaboration on ClimateMonday, January 24 - Tuesday, January 2509:00 AM EST - 01:00 PM EST
- Nov 19, 2021U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation Announces Winners of the 22nd Annual Citizens Awards Amid economic and social challenges heightened by the COVID-19 pandemic, winners exemplify how business is acting as a force for good in communities across America and around the world
- Oct 19, 2021Middle Market Business Index Special Report ESG Familiarity among middle market executives with the use of ESG criteria to evaluate the performance of businesses, organizations and/ or investments rose significantly in the third quarter of 2021 compared to the fourth quarter in 2019, according to the third-quarter RSM US Middle Market Business Index survey, which polled executives from July 8 through July 26 on ESG- and climate change-related questions. In the last part of 2019, 39% of executives were very familiar or somewhat familiar with using ESG criteria to evaluate performance, and in Q3 2021, that figure was 69%. The 30-percentage-point increase over that time is “just a dramatic change and indicative of how much interest there is today for ESG within the middle market,” says Anthony DeCandido, a partner at RSM US and a lead advisor in the firm’s ESG consulting practice. And the rise of ESG is about more than just awareness—a majority of survey respondents indicated that their organizations are taking action to incorporate these issues into their operations.
- Sep 15, 2021U.S. Chamber Foundation Launches Coalition for Afghan Refugee Employment in the U.S. The Coalition will connect Afghan refugees to jobs as they arrive and resettle in America
- Sep 14, 2021A Business Guide to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Here’s how diversity, equity, and inclusion can benefit businesses and communities across America, as well as ways to increase diversity at your company.
- May 26, 2021U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation Launches Sustainable Plastics Initiative The effort is designed to help businesses identify sustainable paths to plastics use and harness the full potential of plastics innovation
- May 06, 2021Business Solutions: Empowering Trafficking Survivors Event Recap On May 6, 2021, Michael Billet, senior manager of policy research in the Employment Policy Division at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, kicked off the Business Solutions: Empowering Human Trafficking Survivors forum.
- Apr 12, 2021South LA Café Owners Committed to Vaccine Equity and Healthy Food Access South LA Café had just opened in 2019, and revenue was growing every month, when the COVID-19 pandemic hit in March 2020 and sales dropped by 50%.
- Feb 24, 2021Coalition to Back Black Businesses Awards Grants and Mentorship to 600 Black Small Business Owners The Coalition to Back Black Businesses (CBBB), launched in partnership with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation, American Express, and the nation’s four leading Black chambers – the National Black Chamber of Commerce, National Business League, U.S. Black Chambers, Inc., and Walker’s Legacy – today announced it has awarded $5,000 grants to 600 Black-owned small businesses in 33 states.
- Dec 11, 2020American Tower Helps Developing Countries Connect to the Internet American Tower, a global provider of wireless communications infrastructure, is working to close the digital divide.
- Dec 04, 2020Philanthropic Partnerships Power Solutions for Underserved Communities By teaming up, businesses and nonprofits are stepping up to help communities’ most vulnerable residents.