America has the most advanced health care in the world, in large part due to private sector-led innovation and employer-sponsored healthcare coverage. While Americans benefit tremendously from ongoing advancements in bioscience, technology, and care, we continue to wrestle with the challenge of making quality health care more affordable, more accessible, and more reliable for all Americans. At the U.S. Chamber, we’re pushing for value-based healthcare solutions that reduce costs and reward quality outcomes.
Read these first
- Vaccine Mandates: The Most Important Questions for Businesses AnsweredNew rules around employee vaccine mandates go into effect November 5. Here’s our guide to which businesses are subject to the rules, which employees need to be vaccinated, options for unvaccinated employees, and more.
- The Path Forward: What Businesses Need to Know Now About the COVID-19 Omicron VariantIn a special U.S. Chamber Foundation event, Surgeon General Dr. Vivek Murthy outlines what businesses need to know about the concerning new Omicron variant of COVID-19, which has now been found in the U.S.
- Medical Innovation Happens Across AmericaRight now, scientists are conducting more than 140,000 clinical trials across all 50 states to explore the potential of the therapeutics, vaccines, diagnostics, and cures we need to fight disease—from coronavirus to cancer.
Nearly 3 Million Americans at Risk of Losing their Employer-Sponsored Coverage under Proposed Reconciliation Reforms
At this point in time, when many businesses and workers are still recovering from the pandemic, any policy reforms should be strengthening employer-sponsored coverage, not weakening it.
The U.S. Chamber is promoting effective private sector solutions to our health care challenges. These solutions will help control costs, expand access, and improve the quality of care. We support policy that strengthens the employer-based model of coverage, through which 180 million Americans receive—and overwhelmingly like—their health care.
Pediatric experts discuss rising COVID-19 cases in children, proactive measures in schools, vaccine availability, and children’s mental health during the pandemic.
- InternationalThird Annual Transatlantic Business Works SummitWednesday, December 08 - Thursday, December 0909:00 AM EST - 01:00 PM EST
- InternationalSpotlight on Central America: The Call to Action and Partnership for Central AmericaMonday, December 1301:45 PM EST - 03:45 PM EST
- Diversity, Equity, and InclusionEquality of Opportunity In Action: Improving Access to Capital for Minority-Owned BusinessesWednesday, December 1512:00 PM EST - 01:00 PM EST
- Nov 18, 2021Coalition Letter on Reconciliation This Coalition letter was sent to the Members of the United States Congress, opposing H.R. 5376, the reconciliation bill.
- Nov 18, 2021U.S. Chamber Key Vote Letter on H.R. 5376, the Reconciliation Bill This Key Vote Alert! letter was sent to the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives, opposing H.R. 5376, the reconciliation bill.
- Nov 10, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on the Reconciliation Legislation's Budgetary Impact This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the United States Congress, on the budgetary impact of H.R. 5376, the reconciliation bill.
- Oct 28, 2021Nearly 3 Million Americans at Risk of Losing their Employer-Sponsored Coverage under Proposed Reconciliation Reforms At this point in time, when many businesses and workers are still recovering from the pandemic, any policy reforms should be strengthening employer-sponsored coverage, not weakening it.
- Oct 13, 2021U.S. Chamber of Commerce Launches New Campaign to Bolster, Strengthen Support for Employer-Sponsored Health Coverage Protecting Americans’ Coverage Together (PACT) aims to raise awareness of the perils that a public option or Medicare buy-in will have on the current and future workforce.
- Oct 13, 2021Business Groups Unite in Health Coverage Campaign Major business trade organizations, health care advocacy group join campaign to protect employer-sponsored health coverage, raise awareness of threats posed by Medicare Buy-In or Public Option proposals.
- Oct 12, 2021Medical Innovation Happens Across America America is where innovation thrives, and cutting-edge medicine is no exception. Right now, scientists are conducting more than 140,000 clinical trials across all 50 states to explore the potential of the therapeutics, vaccines, diagnostics, and cures we need to fight disease—from coronavirus to cancer.
- Oct 05, 2021Real Facts in Support for the Employer-Sponsored Insurance System Nine facts about about strengthening support for the employer-sponsored insurance (ESI) system.
- Sep 29, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on Antitrust in the Pharmaceutical Industry Bills This Hill letter was sent to Members of the House Judiciary Committee on H.R. 2891, the “Preserve Access to Affordable Generics and Biosimilars Act,” H.R. 2873, the “Affordable Prescriptions for Patients Act Through Promoting Competition Act,” and H.R. 2884, the “Affordable Prescriptions for Patients Through Improvements to Patent Litigation Act.”