America has the most advanced health care in the world, in large part due to private sector-led innovation and employer-sponsored healthcare coverage.
While Americans benefit tremendously from ongoing advancements in bioscience, technology, and care, we continue to wrestle with the challenge of making quality health care more affordable, more accessible, and more reliable for all Americans. At the U.S. Chamber, we’re pushing for value-based healthcare solutions that reduce costs and reward quality outcomes.
Read these first
- Growing By Investing In Health Across The AmericasBusiness and government leaders discuss the importance of investing in healthcare and citizens’ well-being for a better future for the nations of the Americas.
- How Employers Can Advance Women's Mental Health in the WorkplaceTaryn Byrd, senior director for Kate Spade New York, discusses the role leadership can play in advancing women’s mental health in the workplace.
- Important Things Businesses Should Know About Endemic COVID-19As the CDC changes pandemic guidelines and cases decline across the country, experts believe we are entering the “endemic” phase of COVID-19. Here’s what that means.
The new study by the U.S. Chamber and Avalere finds employers that offer higher quality coverage and higher wages can expect to see a higher return on their wellness and health insurance programs.
The U.S. Chamber is promoting effective private sector solutions to our health care challenges. These solutions will help control costs, expand access, and improve the quality of care. We support policy that strengthens the employer-based model of coverage, through which 180 million Americans receive—and overwhelmingly like—their health care.
Chairman and CEO of Pfizer Dr. Albert Bourla discusses how innovations made in the pursuit of Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine have led to new advancements in health care.
- Aug 03, 2022Business, Industry Voices: Employer-Sponsored Healthcare Delivers Positive Results for Businesses and Their Workforce
Campaign Representing Employer Voices Recently Released New Data Showing Significant Return on Investment
- Jun 29, 2022Return on Investment for Offering Employer Sponsored Insurance
In support of the Protecting Americans’ Coverage Together (PACT) campaign, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce commissioned Avalere Health to estimate the return on investment (ROI) employer-sponsored health insurance (ESI) provides employers with 100 or more employees.
- Jun 29, 2022New Study: Employer-Sponsored Health Insurance Produces +47% Return on Investment for American Businesses
Direct Benefits from Employer-Sponsored Health Plans Include Lower Direct Medical Costs, Increased Productivity, Lower Recruitment Costs, Stronger Retention
- Jun 07, 2022Quick Take: Weakening Intellectual Property Protections Will Jeopardize Lifesaving Medical Treatments
Calls to waive IP rights would undermine medical innovation and our ability to respond to the next pandemic or other crisis.
- May 12, 2022PACT Members Reaffirm Importance of Employer-Sponsored Health Care Coverage
"Any kind of Medicare for All plan, including a public option, is a recipe for chaos in the American healthcare system."
- Apr 11, 2022U.S. Chamber Letter on the Nomination of Robert Gordon to be Assistant Secretary for Financial Resources at the Department of Health and Human Services
This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the United States Senate, supporting the Nomination of Robert Gordon to be Assistant Secretary for Financial Resources at the Department of Health and Human Services.
- Mar 16, 2022On the Road to Global Vaccinations, the Last Mile Remains the Hardest
As business delivers on the promise to manufacture safe and effective COVID-19 vaccines for everyone, challenges persist on getting shots to everyone who needs one.
- Feb 23, 2022Global Business Community Letter to WHO Member States
The global business community sent a letter to World Health Organization member states on the launch of a new international health instrument on pandemic prevention, preparedness, and response.