The United States has the most dynamic, diverse, and resilient economy in the world. That momentum comes from people pursuing their dreams—from start-up entrepreneurs and small business owners to the leaders and workers of mid-cap companies and large global corporations, and everyone in between. When everyone works together to drive our economy forward, solutions are created, communities are strengthened, and opportunities emerge for all.
Watch it again
See government officials and business leaders—including those representing small and medium-sized enterprises—from the U.S. and across the hemisphere meet to drive innovative, practical solutions for a brighter future across the Americas. This is the official private sector forum of the IX Summit of the Americas, in partnership with the U.S. Department of State.
Highlights from the CEO Summit of the Americas
Read these first
- A Business Guide to the U.S. EconomyWhat business owners need to know about the current state of the U.S. economy.
- MetLife & U.S. Chamber Special Report on Inflation and Supply Chain (March, 2022)Inflation is top concern for small businesses this quarter, according to new data from the MetLife & U.S. Chamber of Commerce. While these were key challenges cited last quarter, concerns around inflation and supply chains have intensified quickly.
- 4 Factors Driving Food Price InflationFood prices are on the rise as inflation issues persist due to labor shortages, supply chain blockages, soaring energy costs, and other issues.
The States Suffering Most from the Labor Shortage
Job openings are up. Labor force participation is down. Quit rates are at a record high. Amid the worsening labor shortage crisis, these are the states being impacted the most.
The U.S. Chamber works with business and government to strengthen our economy. While a flourishing business community and a competitive workforce drive growth, the government sets the conditions for success. We advocate for commonsense policies and smart regulations that give businesses the confidence and certainty to invest, expand, hire, and innovate for the future.
To reinvigorate the economy and promote workforce success, many companies are turning toward reskilling and upskilling for in-demand positions.
Small business advice from CO—
- Environment and SustainabilitySustainability and Circular Economy Summit 2022Tuesday, October 1109:00 AM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
- Small BusinessCO— Start. Run. Grow. WeekTuesday, October 18 - Thursday, October 2012:00 PM EDT - 01:00 PM EDT
- International4th Annual Transatlantic Business Works SummitThursday, November 1009:00 AM EST - 12:15 PM EST