The people who would be most affected have weighed the costs and benefits and come out in favor of it.
America is in the midst of a true energy revolution. After decades of fear over potential energy scarcity, we are now in an era of energy abundance, driven by technological innovation and American know-how. But will we have the wisdom to capitalize on this opportunity? If we develop smart policies, we can use affordable and abundant energy to launch a manufacturing revival, improve our trade deficit, effectively increase household spending power, and revitalize America's economy.
Missed last week's #EIAgov #AEO2015 release? The shale revolution is the primary source of #natgas http://t.co/GsjHTCYX4e
Energy has driven job growth and improvement in our economy and will continue to be an opportunity for our country. The U.S. Chamber and its Institute for 21st Century Energy are urging Congress and the administration to take the needed legislative and regulatory steps to produce more American energy in an environmentally responsible manner--and we should be able to sell it around the world.
Energy Works for US, the Energy Institute's plan to secure America's energy future, calls for:
- Allowing greater access to oil and gas resources on federal lands and offshore.
- Enhancing the competitiveness of renewable sources of energy.
- Promoting energy efficiency and advanced technologies.
- Expanding the use of emissions-free nuclear energy.
- Recognizing the important role of coal in our economy and working to make it cleaner.
- Reforming the regulatory process and modernizing the permitting system for energy projects.
- Developing a competitive energy workforce.
Energy is delivering for Americans by creating millions of jobs, lowing prices and raising incomes, and increasing our energy security and our national security. Revenues generated by increased production can even help solve our nation's fiscal challenges. Energy is doing all of that and can do even more--if we let it.
- Show your support for the KeystoneTransCanada Keystone XL Pipeline by signing our petition. The proposed Pipeline will give the United States access to safe, reliable, and affordable energy supplies from Canada.
- Tell your friends, in your words, why you're supporting the energy platform of the Institute for 21st Century Energy.
- Stay up-to-date on U.S. energy news, Institute for 21st Century Energy activities, and ways to stay involved by signing up for our email list.
The latest updates across all U.S. Chamber properties
Norway Hangs on to Top Spot Thanks to Strong Energy Production
Murray Energy and 15 states are suing EPA, arguing that it doesn't have the statutory authority to regulate carbon emissions from power plants.
This letter regarding appropriations priorities for the Fiscal Year 2016 Energy and Water Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations bill was sent to the Members of the House Appropriations Subcommittee on Energy and Water Development.
One regional grid operator found that the regulations will mean $2.9 billion yearly in costs.
While many probably expect to see higher bills when the heat or air conditioning have to run, they may not realize how much variance there is between states in the cost of electricity.
This valuable technology is improving the lives of all Americans.
We've only scratched the surface of what America's energy renaissance can be.
34 billion barrels of oil lie beneath the U.S.'s share of the Arctic--15 years of current U.S. net oil imports.
VIA ELECTRONIC FILING AND ELECTRONIC MAIL
TO: Ms. Brenda Edwards
U.S. Department of Energy
Building Technologies Office, Mailstop EE-2J
1000 Independence Avenue SW
Washington, DC 20585-0121