Global Energy Institute
The purpose of the U.S. Chamber's Global Energy Institute is to unify energy stakeholders and policymakers behind a common strategy to ensure that America's supply of fuel and power is adequate, stable, and affordable, while protecting national security, and improving the environment.
- May 18, 2022An Effective Climate and Energy Security “Grand Bargain” Is Within Reach
Pursuing climate progress and energy security are not mutually exclusive. We can both increase domestic production of oil and natural gas and accelerate the energy transition. Here's how.
- May 17, 2022U.S. Chamber Key Vote Alert! Letter on H.R. 7688, the “Consumer Fuel Price Gouging Prevention Act”
This Key Vote Alert! Letter was sent to Members of the U.S. House of Representatives opposing H.R. 7688, the “Consumer Fuel Price Gouging Prevention Act."
- May 05, 2022Combating Inflation: What’s Behind High Energy Prices and What to Do About It
As energy prices and the cost of inflation rise, the Biden Administration can help control rising energy prices by expanding U.S. energy production.
- Apr 13, 2022A Windfall Profits Tax Would Reduce Energy Production When We Need It Most and Raise Prices in the Long Run
Proposals from Congress for a windfall profits tax on oil companies during the most recent rise in global oil prices is a misguided policy. The premise that a higher tax on oil companies would reduce gasoline prices for American consumers defies the laws of economics and history.
- Apr 05, 2022Greater US Energy Production Is Needed to Reduce Reliance on Authoritarian Regimes
The global reliance on authoritarian regimes for oil and natural gas threatens security. U.S. energy production could help supplant oil and gas from these nations and also be a net positive for the environment given its lower emissions profile.
- Apr 04, 2022U.S. Chamber Key Vote Alert! Letter on H.R. 5689, "Resilient AMERICA Act"
This Key Vote Alert! letter was sent to the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives, supporting H.R. 5689, the "Resilient Assistance for Mitigation for Environmentally Resilient Infrastructure and Construction by Americans (AMERICA) Act."
- Mar 21, 2022The American Energy and Climate Imperative
The U.S. is positioned to meet the world's growing energy needs by leveraging the power of the business community in partnership with government.
- Mar 02, 2022U.S. Chamber Letter on FERC Pipeline Policy Hearing
This Hill letter was sent to Members of the Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources in advance of a hearing on the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission’s pipeline certification policy.
- Mar 01, 2022U.S. Chamber Letter on the Nomination of Dr. Kathryn Huff for Department of Energy
This Hill letter was sent to Members of the Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources supporting the nomination of Dr. Kathryn Huff to serve as Assistant Secretary for Nuclear Energy at the U.S. Department of Energy.
- Mar 01, 2022Record High Russian Oil Imports Show Need for Smarter Domestic Energy Policy
U.S. energy production can improve domestic energy security and help allies and partners reduce their dependence on Russia’s oil and natural gas.