Global Energy Institute
The purpose of the U.S. Chamber's Global Energy Institute is to unify energy stakeholders and policymakers behind a common strategy to ensure that America's supply of fuel and power is adequate, stable, and affordable, while protecting national security, and improving the environment.
- Aug 04, 2022U.S. Chamber Key Vote Letter on S.J.Res.55
This Key Vote Alert! letter was sent to the Members of the United States Senate, supporting S.J.Res.55.
- Jul 14, 2022U.S. Chamber Letter on the Nomination of Joseph Goffman to be Associate Administrator for the Office of Air and Radiation at the EPA
This Hill letter was sent to Members of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works on the nomination of Joseph Goffman to serve as Associate Administrator for the Office of Air and Radiation (OAR) at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
- Jul 13, 2022Hill Letter on the Fiscal Year 2023 National Defense Authorization Act
This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives, on H.R. 7900, the "National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2023."
- Jun 28, 2022U.S. Chamber Letter on the FY23 Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations Legislation
This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Appropriations, on the Fiscal Year 2023 Interior, Environment and Related Agencies Appropriations legislation.
- Jun 27, 2022Energy and Inflation: 5 Things You Need to Know Now
Our energy team broke down the five key factors impacting energy prices and inflation right now.
- Jun 13, 2022New Analysis Shows Massive Private Cleanup Costs for PFAS Chemistries at Superfund Sites
There are increasing pressures from consumers, environmental organizations, and governments to address the challenges attributed to per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS). The EPA should engage in a full regulatory impact and cost-benefit analysis as part of efforts to address these issues.
- Jun 08, 2022Hill Letter on S. 4244, "Alan Reinstein Ban Asbestos Now (ARBAN) Act"
This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works, opposing S. 4244, the "Alan Reinstein Ban Asbestos Now (ARBAN) Act."
- May 25, 2022The Next Shortage: Electricity?
As the summer cooling season kicks off across much of the country, concerns over electric grid reliability are heating up. A recent assessment of summer electric grid reliability shows the clean energy transition may be getting ahead of the technologies available to keep the grid reliable.
- May 24, 2022Hill Letter on S. 4217, the “Transportation Fuel Market Transparency Act”
This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the Senate Committee on Commerce, Science, and Transportation, opposing S. 4217, the “Transportation Fuel Market Transparency Act.”
- May 18, 2022An Effective Climate and Energy Security “Grand Bargain” Is Within Reach
Pursuing climate progress and energy security are not mutually exclusive. We can both increase domestic production of oil and natural gas and accelerate the energy transition. Here's how.