Environment and Sustainability
Businesses are invested in America’s communities, and a clean, healthy environment is critical for quality of life and economic strength in every community. Companies across industries have undertaken sustainability initiatives to improve their operations and reduce their environmental footprint, utilizing new technology and seeking efficiency.
Read these first
- 4 Climate Innovations Led By BusinessBusinesses are investing in blue hydrogen, direct air capture, and other climate technologies to build a more sustainable future.
- The Future of Alternative Vehicles and Fuel SourcesIndustry experts talk about alternative energy sources, including their expertise on alternative vehicles and fuels.
- The Biggest Winner in the Senate's Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill May Be Our ClimateThe infrastructure bill provides for a roughly $100 billion total investment in climate, energy, and sustainability programs.
The U.S. Chamber convenes companies and stakeholders to share best practices and discuss policy and regulatory solutions that will enable the business community to continue to make advances in sustainability. We promote voluntary, flexible—not one-size-fits-all or prescriptive—policy solutions that will unleash business innovation and economic and environmental progress. We also push for federal investments in research and development, infrastructure modernization, smart technologies, and export initiatives that support continued business leadership and sustainable growth. We are engaged on a range of topics critical to ensuring a safe and sustainable future in our society, including climate and carbon markets, digital and smart solutions, precision agriculture and nature-based solutions, public- recycling and waste management, resilient infrastructure, rural development, and water.
As climate challenges continue to shape the way companies innovate, the hydrogen economy has grown and has proven to be a viable source of energy.
Small business advice from CO—
- InternationalVirtual InSTEP Discussion: UN Ambassador Linda Thomas-GreenfieldThursday, January 2004:00 PM EST - 04:45 PM EST
- FinanceTecTalk with Representatives Gerry Connolly and Darrell IssaThursday, January 2004:00 PM EST - 04:45 PM EST
- Climate ChangeBuilding Momentum to COP27: Public-Private Collaboration on ClimateMonday, January 24 - Tuesday, January 2509:00 AM EST - 01:00 PM EST
- Jan 18, 2022U.S. Chamber’s Global Energy Institute Taps Preston Beard to Lead Chemicals Portfolio The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Global Energy Institute today announced that Preston Beard has joined as Director of Policy overseeing the Chamber’s growing focus on chemicals.
- Dec 20, 2021Coalition Letter on the Resilient AMERICA Act This Coalition letter was sent to leadership of the U.S. House of Representatives, urging consideration of H.R. 5689, the “Resilient Assistance for Mitigation for Environmentally Resilient Infrastructure and Construction by Americans (AMERICA) Act."
- Dec 08, 2021U.S. Chamber Statement on Biden's Executive Order on Federal Government Climate Initiatives WASHINGTON, D.C. — Marty Durbin, senior vice president of policy at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, issued the following statement in response to President Biden's Executive Order on federal government climate initiatives:
- Dec 01, 2021Coalition Comments on Deriving Maximum Contaminant Levels (MCL) Goals for PFOA and PFOS Coalition comments on EPA's Science Advisory Board’s November 16, 2021 release of the proposed approaches to deriving maximum contaminant levels (MCL) goals for PFOA and PFOS, for quantifying the benefits of establishing MCLs for these two substances, and for assessing mixtures of PFAS under the Safe Drinking Water Act.
- Nov 30, 2021Coalition Comments on PFAS Categories Coalition comments urging for the consideration of additional public input regarding underpinning science and associated approaches for developing possible categories to regulate per-and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS).
- Nov 19, 2021Coalition Letter on PFAS Provisions in the FY22 NDAA This Coalition letter was sent to Members of the Senate Committee on Armed Services on PFAS provisions in the FY22 NDAA.
- Nov 19, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter to the Senate on the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 2022 This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the United States Senate on the substitute amendment to S. 2792, the “National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2022."
- Oct 13, 2021Meet the Finalists: Green/Sustainable Business Achievement Award The Green/Sustainable Business Achievement Award recognizes a small business focused on sustainability as a key part of their business
- Oct 08, 2021U.S. Chamber Comments on the Preliminary Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 15 U.S. Chamber Comments on the Preliminary Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 15