Environment and Sustainability
Businesses are invested in America’s communities, and a clean, healthy environment is critical for quality of life and economic strength in every community. Companies across industries have undertaken sustainability initiatives to improve their operations and reduce their environmental footprint, utilizing new technology and seeking efficiency.
Read these first
- 4 Climate Innovations Led By BusinessBusinesses are investing in blue hydrogen, direct air capture, and other climate technologies to build a more sustainable future.
- The Future of Alternative Vehicles and Fuel SourcesIndustry experts talk about alternative energy sources, including their expertise on alternative vehicles and fuels.
- The Biggest Winner in the Senate's Bipartisan Infrastructure Bill May Be Our ClimateThe infrastructure bill provides for a roughly $100 billion total investment in climate, energy, and sustainability programs.
The U.S. Chamber convenes companies and stakeholders to share best practices and discuss policy and regulatory solutions that will enable the business community to continue to make advances in sustainability. We promote voluntary, flexible—not one-size-fits-all or prescriptive—policy solutions that will unleash business innovation and economic and environmental progress. We also push for federal investments in research and development, infrastructure modernization, smart technologies, and export initiatives that support continued business leadership and sustainable growth. We are engaged on a range of topics critical to ensuring a safe and sustainable future in our society, including climate and carbon markets, digital and smart solutions, precision agriculture and nature-based solutions, public- recycling and waste management, resilient infrastructure, rural development, and water.
As climate challenges continue to shape the way companies innovate, the hydrogen economy has grown and has proven to be a viable source of energy.
Small business advice from CO—
- Jul 30, 2021Coalition Letter on the STORM Act of 2020 This Coalition letter was sent to Members of the House of Representatives supporting full funding of $100 million for FY 2022 appropriations for the Safeguarding Tomorrow through Ongoing Risk Mitigation (STORM) Act of 2020.
- Jul 28, 2021U.S. Chamber Key Vote Letter on a Cloture Vote for the Bipartisan Infrastructure Agreement This Key Vote Alert! letter was sent to the Members of the United States Senate, supporting a cloture vote on the motion to proceed to begin the process of considering the bipartisan infrastructure agreement.
- Jul 28, 2021U.S. Chamber Comments on PFAS Reporting Extension This letter was sent to Dr. Michal Freedhoff, Assistant Administrator for the Office of Pollution Prevention and Toxics at the Environmental Protection Agency.
- Jul 21, 2021U.S. Chamber Key Vote Letter on H.R. 2467, the “PFAS Action Act” This Key Vote Alert! Letter was sent to Members of the House of Representatives.
- Jul 21, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on Climate and the Clean Electricity Standard This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the Senate Committees on Environment and Public Works, Energy and Natural Resources, and Finance; and the House Committees on Energy and Commerce and Ways and Means, on climate issues and the Clean Electricity Standard (CES).
- Jul 21, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on S. 2324, the "Federal Permitting Reform and Jobs Act" This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the United States Senate supporting S. 2324, the "Federal Permitting Reform and Jobs Act." This bill is on the Legislative Leadership list for the “How They Voted” scorecard.
- Jul 21, 2021Coalition Letter on H.R. 2467, the "PFAS Action Act" This coalition letter was sent to Members of the House of Representatives opposing H.R. 2467, the "PFAS Action Act."
- Jul 15, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on FY22 Energy and Water Appropriations This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the House Committee on Appropriations, on the FY22 Energy and Water Development, and Related Agencies, Appropriations legislation.
- Jul 07, 2021Coalition Letter on the Border Water Infrastructure Program This coalition letter was sent to the House and Senate Appropriations Committees on the Border Water Infrastructure Program (BWIP) in the FY2022 Interior and Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations bill.
- Jun 30, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter on FY22 Interior and Environment Appropriations This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the House Committee on Appropriations on the Fiscal Year 2022 Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies appropriations bill.