Environment and Sustainability
Businesses are invested in America’s communities, and a clean, healthy environment is critical for quality of life and economic strength in every community. Companies across industries have undertaken sustainability initiatives to improve their operations and reduce their environmental footprint, utilizing new technology and seeking efficiency.
Read these first
- Resilience Should Be on the Climate AgendaInvestments, policies, and programs focused on resilience and pre-disaster mitigation offer an opportunity for a more comprehensive and strategic approach to safeguarding communities across the nation.Learn More
- 4 Climate Innovations Led By BusinessBusinesses are investing in blue hydrogen, direct air capture, and other climate technologies to build a more sustainable future.Learn More
- Reducing Methane Emissions Through Smart Policy ChangesHere’s how policymakers are taking action to reduce methane emissions for a positive impact on the environment and the economy.Learn More
A challenge of this magnitude requires collaboration, not confrontation, to advance the best ideas and policies. Together, we can forge solutions that improve our environment and grow our economy—leaving the world better for generations to come. We stand with every American seeking a cleaner, stronger environment—for today and tomorrow.
We promote voluntary, flexible—not one-size-fits-all or prescriptive—policy solutions that will unleash business innovation and economic and environmental progress. We also push for federal investments in research and development, infrastructure modernization, smart technologies, and export initiatives that support continued business leadership and sustainable growth.
Small business advice from CO—
- International48th Annual India Ideas SummitTuesday, June 1309:00 AM EDT - 05:00 PM EDTLearn More
- Small BusinessCO— Strategy Studio: Doing Business with Big BusinessesThursday, June 2212:00 PM EDT - 12:30 PM EDTLearn More
- Security and Resilience12th Annual Building Resilience ConferenceWednesday, July 26 - Thursday, July 2708:00 AM EDT - 03:00 PM EDTLearn More
Investments, policies, and programs focused on resilience and pre-disaster mitigation offer an opportunity for a more comprehensive and strategic approach to safeguarding communities across the nation.
This Coalition letter was sent to the Members of the Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor and Pensions, on an amendment offered to S. 4348, the “Food and Drug Administration Safety and Landmark Advancement Act," related to food packaging and PFAS.
This Key Vote Alert! letter was sent to the Members of the United States Senate, supporting S.J.Res.55.
This Hill letter was sent to Members of the Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works on the nomination of Joseph Goffman to serve as Associate Administrator for the Office of Air and Radiation (OAR) at the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA).
This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives, on H.R. 7900, the "National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2023."
This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on Appropriations, on the Fiscal Year 2023 Interior, Environment and Related Agencies Appropriations legislation.
Through its extensive aluminum recycling operations, Novelis is establishing circular economies for aluminum, a material that is infinitely recyclable.
This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the House Committee on Appropriations, on the FY23 Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations bill.