Environment and Sustainability
Businesses are invested in America’s communities, and a clean, healthy environment is critical for quality of life and economic strength in every community. Companies across industries have undertaken sustainability initiatives to improve their operations and reduce their environmental footprint, utilizing new technology and seeking efficiency.
Read these first
- 4 Climate Innovations Led By BusinessBusinesses are investing in blue hydrogen, direct air capture, and other climate technologies to build a more sustainable future.
- Funding the Green Transition: The Importance of Sustainable FinanceThere are numerous opportunities and obstacles for corporations in the U.S. and EU as they invest in the transition toward sustainable finance.
- Reducing Methane Emissions Through Smart Policy ChangesHere’s how policymakers are taking action to reduce methane emissions for a positive impact on the environment and the economy.
Climate Change: The Path Forward
A challenge of this magnitude requires collaboration, not confrontation, to advance the best ideas and policies. Together, we can forge solutions that improve our environment and grow our economy—leaving the world better for generations to come. We stand with every American seeking a cleaner, stronger environment—for today and tomorrow.
We promote voluntary, flexible—not one-size-fits-all or prescriptive—policy solutions that will unleash business innovation and economic and environmental progress. We also push for federal investments in research and development, infrastructure modernization, smart technologies, and export initiatives that support continued business leadership and sustainable growth.
As climate challenges continue to shape the way companies innovate, the hydrogen economy has grown and has proven to be a viable source of energy.
Small business advice from CO—
- Security and ResiliencePath Forward Special UpdateTuesday, August 1602:00 PM EDT - 03:00 PM EDT
- International47th India Ideas SummitTuesday, September 06 - Wednesday, September 0712:00 AM EDT - 12:00 AM EDT
- SpaceU.S. Chamber of Commerce Global Aerospace SummitWednesday, September 14 - Thursday, September 1502:00 PM EDT - 05:00 PM EDT
- Dec 20, 2021Coalition Letter on the Resilient AMERICA Act
This Coalition letter was sent to leadership of the U.S. House of Representatives, urging consideration of H.R. 5689, the “Resilient Assistance for Mitigation for Environmentally Resilient Infrastructure and Construction by Americans (AMERICA) Act."
- Dec 08, 2021U.S. Chamber Statement on Biden's Executive Order on Federal Government Climate Initiatives
WASHINGTON, D.C. — Marty Durbin, senior vice president of policy at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, issued the following statement in response to President Biden's Executive Order on federal government climate initiatives:
- Dec 01, 2021Coalition Comments on Deriving Maximum Contaminant Levels (MCL) Goals for PFOA and PFOS
Coalition comments on EPA's Science Advisory Board’s November 16, 2021 release of the proposed approaches to deriving maximum contaminant levels (MCL) goals for PFOA and PFOS, for quantifying the benefits of establishing MCLs for these two substances, and for assessing mixtures of PFAS under the Safe Drinking Water Act.
- Nov 30, 2021Coalition Comments on PFAS Categories
Coalition comments urging for the consideration of additional public input regarding underpinning science and associated approaches for developing possible categories to regulate per-and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS).
- Nov 19, 2021Coalition Letter on PFAS Provisions in the FY22 NDAA
This Coalition letter was sent to Members of the Senate Committee on Armed Services on PFAS provisions in the FY22 NDAA.
- Nov 19, 2021U.S. Chamber Letter to the Senate on the National Defense Authorization Act (NDAA) for Fiscal Year 2022
This Hill letter was sent to the Members of the United States Senate on the substitute amendment to S. 2792, the “National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2022."
- Oct 13, 2021Meet the Finalists: Green/Sustainable Business Achievement Award
The Green/Sustainable Business Achievement Award recognizes a small business focused on sustainability as a key part of their business
- Oct 08, 2021U.S. Chamber Comments on the Preliminary Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 15
U.S. Chamber Comments on the Preliminary Effluent Guidelines Program Plan 15
- Sep 27, 2021Coalition Comments on EPA’s Proposed Rulemaking on Toxic Substances Control Act Reporting and Recordkeeping Requirements for PFAS
Coalition comments on EPA’s proposed rulemaking regarding Toxic Substances Control Act Reporting and Recordkeeping Requirements for Perfluoroalkyl and Polyfluoroalkyl Substances (PFAS).